Talking To Peter

Hey everyone. Sorry this chapter will be a little short. I promise the next one will be a little longer. Anyways, please vote and favorite this story. Also if you want to see what clothes Katie is wearing for the chapter, check out my Polyvore page.

I do not own anything except my OC Katie.

After the girls left, Peter led me to the stream, the same stream where Peter and I battled the wolves. I was still concerned what Maugrim said to me. "My Queen has been searching for you Protector and when I deliver you to her, she will reward me greatly." Why am I so important? Did it have to do something with my Dad?

"Katie, are you alright?"

I snapped out of my train of thought and looked at Peter. His blue eyes were filled with concern and sadness.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just thinking about something."

We sat down by the tree and Peter looked me into my eyes. "Katie, there's something I need to tell you." I couldn't help but smile. My heart was pounding like I was running a race. I knew he what he was about to say. "I want you to take the others and go back home." My heart dropped. Why would he say that? Does he think I'm not strong enough?

"Why? Is there something wrong," I asked.

"Well, I just don't want you to get hurt," he said.

My face was starting to turn red with anger.

"You don't think I'm strong enough?"

Peter looked confused. "What? No, I just think it's dangerous for you and the girls."

"Wait, you think that Susan, Lucy, and I can't help because we're just girls?"

"It's not like that..."

"Then what is it then? If I recall, I stood up to Maugrim and the other wolf just fine!"

"I saved you remember? If I didn't come, you would have been killed!"

"Well, I didn't need your help! Why are you acting like this Peter? Why do you really don't want me to help?

"Well... I..."

"Well what?"

"I REALLY CARE ABOUT YOU!"

I was shocked when he said that. He cares for me? "What did you say?"

Peter looked down to the ground trying to avoid looking at me. "I really do care about you Katie. I will never forgive myself if something happened to you. You don't realize this but after the river incident, I kind of like you."

My heart was swelling up with joy. I pulled Peter's chin up to look at me. "I care for you too Peter. I know you're trying to protect me, but Aslan told me my destiny is to help Narnia form the witch. You can't get out of this one."

Peter looked at me into my eyes. I didn't realize we were moving closer to each other. I was going to get my first kiss.

"PETER, KATIE, IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST!"

We pulled away from each other. We stepped away from embarrassment. Susan just had to spoil the moment.

"So, where does that leave us," I asked.

Peter smiled at me and took my hand. "How about after the battle, we'll figure it out."

As Peter led we away from the stream, I looked back to see where we almost kissed.

Ok, there you go. I hope this is a good one, although I don't think it's my best one. Again, sorry this chapter is short, but I promise the next one will be longer. Please don't forget to vote and favorite this story! Until next time...

Grapejuice101