The Stream And The Wolf

Hey everyone, well here's the next chapter. Hope you like it. Remember to check out my Polyvore page to see what Katie is wearing and poster.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Katie.

After Lucy and I went back to our tent to grab our gifts from Father Christmas, we headed down to the stream where Susan was waiting for us.

"What did Aslan wanted to talk to you," asked Susan.

"He told me about my Dad," I said.

Lucy grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Do you miss him,"

"Of course Lucy," I said. I looked at my reflection in the water and laughed.

"What," asked Lucy.

"I was just remembering when I was little, I dressed up as a princess and my dad called me his little princess. Seeing my reflection reminded me of that."

"You look very pretty and Susan looks like mum."

"Mum hasn't had a dress like this since before the war."

"We should bring her one back. A whole trunk full!" Lucy said.

"If we ever get back..." Susan said.

"Susan," I said, she looked at me than Lucy. Lucy lowered her head like she was disappointed at Susan

"Sorry I'm like that. We used to have fun together, didn't we?"

Lucy nodded. "Yes, before you got boring."

"Ouch," I said while Lucy was laughing.

Susan raised her eyebrows. "Oh really?" she reached down to splashed Lucy. Lucy ran behind me as Susan accidently splashed me. The water was so cold and my long brown hair was dripping wet. Lucy was laughing so hard as Susan covered her mouth in shock. "Katie, I am so sorry."

I looked at her and winked. She was confused at first but ginned when she realized what I was about to do. I bent down and splashed Lucy behind me.

"Hey," she said.

"That was for getting me wet," I said. A second later we started have a water war. After a few minutes, Susan walked up the hill to where the towels were. Lucy and I followed her. Susan reached for the towel and pulled it down. All of the sudden a loud growl caught my attention. Maugrim was standing right in front of Susan. We screamed and Lucy grabbed my arm.

"Please don't run. We're tired," said Maugrim.

"And we'd prefer to kill you quickly," said the other wolf as it walk right behind the tree.

I looked at Maugrim as his eyes narrowed as he looked at me. Susan looked at her horn and back at me. I nodded to let her know I knew what she was thinking. She threw the towel at him and we ran to where the horn was. While Susan blew her horn, Lucy started to climb the tree as I grabbed my sword.

"Susan, get up into the tree," I said.

"What about you," asked Susan?

"I'll hold them off. Don't worry about me."

Susan was hesitant at the moment but she eventually obeyed and climbed the tree. When I saw that they were both save, I turned my attention back to Maugrim and the other wolf.

"You got some guts kid, I'll give you that. However, you're not very smart," said Maugrim. My eyebrows rose up as I was daring him to continue. He laughed at me and said "You think you're brave now, well you weren't at the river girl."

"Well, I'm brave enough to face you," I said. Great, that's the best I can come up with.

Maugrim and the other wolf laughed when I said that. "You know, the last human who said that to me was the Protector." Maugrim and the wolf paused a moment. Maugrim eyed on my necklace and his eyes widen in realization. "You're the last Protector's brat aren't you?" My eyes widen when he realized who I was. He smiled at me and said, "My Queen has been searching for you Protector and when I deliver you to her, she will reward me greatly."

I was focusing too much on Maugrim, I totally forgot the other wolf. He was about to attack when I heard Lucy scream, "Katie, look out!"

I turned my sword to the other wolf as he was about to pounce. Thank God he didn't.

"You have a chose Protector. Come with us quietly, or be killed with the other Daughters of Eve," said Maugrim.

I was frozen with fear. I didn't know what to do. I could hear Susan and Lucy screaming, "Don't listen to him Katie" or "Leave her alone."

My thoughts were interrupted by a new voice. "Get back! Katie, run!" I lower my sword and ran behind the tree. Peter ran in front of the tree trying to protect us. Peter, please be careful.

"Come on, we've already been through this. We both know you haven't got it in you. You can't protect them, especially the Protector."

Peter looked at me as he was trying to say it's ok. Suddenly, Susan yelled to Peter. "Peter watch out!"

The other wolf tried to sneak behind Peter, but Aslan pinned him. Oreius ran up to help Peter, but Aslan stopped him.

"No, stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle."

Peter looked at Aslan to me. I whispered to him, "You can do it."

Maugrim laughed at Peter. "You may think you're a king, but you're going to die... like a dog!"

Maugrim jumped onto Peter as he raised his sword. I screamed as Susan and Lucy were screamed Peter's name. He can't die. Please don't die. I was the first to reach him and pushed Maugrim off of him. Peter sat up in shock as I immediately gave him a tight hug.

"I thought I lost you," I whispered to him.

I was unaware that Lucy and Susan smiled at Peter as he was blushing. But he did return the hug.

"It's ok Katie," he whispered back.

I let go of him so Susan and Lucy can hug their brother. Aslan let go of the other wolf as the wolf ran away.

"After him. he'll lead you to Edmund," he said. I nodded my head and was about to walk up to Oreius when Peter grabbed my hand. I looked at him waiting to see what he will say.

"Please be careful," he said.

I smiled at him and said, "I will and I promise to bring Edmund back."

He let go f my hand and I ran to Oreius. H lifted me up and he galloped towards the forest. I looked back as I saw Peter being knighted by Aslan. I smiled and thought I'll bring us both back save Peter, I promise.

So there's the chapter. Hope it turned out good. Please vote, review and feeling free to give me suggestions, nice one please lol. Until next time...

Grapejuice101