The Truth And Decision

Hey guys, here is the next chapter. I want to thank all my reviews and votes. You guys make my day every time I read your reviews. This chapter is dedicated to all of my reviewers. I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

The picture above is who I imagine I see as Katie's Dad

I do not own anything except my OC Katie

Darkness. That's what I saw when I opened my eyes. No battlefield, no Peter, no Edmund, no White Witch, just complete darkness. I felt alone, scared and confused. Am I dead? What will happen to Narnia? Will I see everyone, especially Peter again?

"Where am I?" I asked to nobody.

"You're in the between," I heard behind me.

My heart suddenly stopped when I recognized that voice. It couldn't be, could it? I slowly turned around to see if I was right. My eyes began to water up when I saw who was behind me.

"Dad," I whispered.

My dad smiled at me. He looked like himself, when I last saw him before he died. I couldn't help myself as I ran to him and hugged him tightly around his waist. He didn't mind that I was crying on his shirt. He hugged me back while kissing my head. I was so happy he was here with me.

"I missed you so much," I whispered to him.

"I missed you too princess," he whispered back. I smiled when I heard my nickname he used for me. I looked up at my dad as he wiped away the tears that were running down my red checks. His smile turned into a serious look. "I suppose you have some questions for me?"

My smile disappeared when he said this. "Yes, I do. What was it that the witch wanted from me?"

My dad pulled me down so I could sit by him. "You have three things that she will never have."

"What are they?"

He smiled at me and said, "Family, friendship, and love. Her heart was hard and cold while yours was warm and full of life. For family, you care about James and your Mother in England while you care about your home in Narnia. For friendship, your heart grew to help your friends, when the others did not believe Lucy about Narnia, you did. You also care for everyone here in Narnia. As for love, you promised to protect everyone that you love. You save Lucy from the river, protect the girls from the wolves at the stream, rescued Edmund and save him from the Witch. You saved the Kings and Queens many of times without noticing it. Aslan will be so proud of you as I am. I bet when you see him, he would even tell you that."

I was confused. That can't be right, Aslan is dead. How can he tell me that when he died? "But I wasn't brave Dad, and besides I didn't save everyone. I didn't save Aslan because the witch killed him on the Stone Table. I still feel like it was my fault he's gone."

Dad laughed and smiled at me, "No princess, Aslan is alive and well."

I was surprised as my eyes widened with disbelief. "He is? But I saw the knife and I saw him close his eyes. How can he still be alive?"

"You believed in him and loved him. He would never leave you like I wouldn't either. When you wear your locket, I will be with you always."

I was so relieved that Aslan was alive, even though it was kind of hard to believe. "So what happens now?"

He took my hand and helped me up. "You have a choice princess. You can go to Aslan's Country with me or go back to Narnia."

I smiled at my Dad. I could finally be with him after all these years. My smile dropped as I had a vision. I saw me on the ground all pale and I looked like I was dead. Susan was hugging Edmund for comfort, Lucy poured a drop of the liquid in my mouth while she was crying for me, but what made me want to cry more was that Peter was hugging me and praying to God to bring me back. I was shocked to see his face all red and tears were pouring out of his beautiful blue eyes. He really does care for me, they all do. I had to make a decision. I turned back to my Dad and smiled at him.

"Dad, I can't go with you yet. I still need to be with Mom, James, Lucy, Susan, Edmund, the Narnians and... and Peter. I can't leave them yet," I said.

Dad smiled at me and squeezed my hand. "I knew you make that decision Katie. I would have made the same one too. When your time comes, I'll be waiting for you and the others in Aslan's Country."

I cried again as I hugged him. I knew it was going to be a while until I see him again. I was glad to see him and it was great to know he will be with me spiritually as long as I wear my locket.

"I love you Dad," I whispered to him.

I felt my Dad smile in my hair as he kissed it. I could tell he was crying as I felt his tear drops hit my shoulder. "I love you too, my little Protector."

I stepped away from him and waved goodbye. The last thing I saw before my world became dark again was my Dad waving goodbye to me and smiling at me. I heard a small crying in my ears and I felt something wet hit my head. I slowly opened my eyes to see my friends looking at me all shocked to see me alive.

I smiled at them as I said, "Hey guys, what's up?"

I slowly sat up but I was suddenly grabbed into the arms of Peter. He was hugging me so hard that I felt like I couldn't breathe. He was shaking so hard like he couldn't believe I was alive. He let me go and looked me right in the eyes.

"I normally say this to Edmund but I need to say it to you. When are you going to do as you're told," he joked.

I laughed at him as I turned to Lucy. She was smiling as she grabbed me and hugged me.

"Thanks for saving me," I whispered to her. She let go of and smiled at me again. I turned to Susan as she hit me on the arm. "Owe, what was that for?"

"Don't you EVER do that again! I wouldn't forgive myself if you did die!"

I smiled at her as I turned to Edmund. He was shaking and looked at me with concern. All of the sudden, he grabbed me and hugged me. I was shocked. I NEVER in my life thought that he would be willingly to hug me and not forced to.

"Katie, thank you for saving me," he whispered to me.

"You're welcome Ed."

"You should have seen it Katie. When the Witch stabbed you, Peter went all ballistic to kill her for what she did to you."

"Ed, shut up," hissed Peter.

I let go of Edmund so I could look at Peter and said, "Really, you did that for me?"

Peter blushed as he stuttered, "Well... when I saw... when she stabbed..."

I silenced him as I hugged him again. The other hugged us in a huge group hug. I let go of Peter when I saw a golden figure walking to us.

"Aslan," I whispered.

He smiled at me when he heard his name. I got up from my spot and ran to him. I hugged him as he placed his paw around me. I was happy he was alive. It felt so good to feel his warm fur again. I giggled when I heard him purring. I let him go as he turned to a stone Narnian statue. He breathed on it and the Narnian turned back to life. I looked at Lucy as she picked up her bottle of red liquid and ran to an injured Narnian to heel him. I felt someone grab my hand as I looked up to see it was Peter.

"I thought I lost you. Please promise me you will never do that again," he whispered in my ear.

I touched my locket as I felt my Dad's presence around me. I smiled at Peter and said, "I'll try to keep that promised but you have to remember that I'm the Protector your highness."

Peter smiled at me as we walked to help Lucy with the injured Narnians. I touched my locket again and smiled. Dad was right. The Witch wanted me dead because I cared about Narnia and it was my family, friendship, and love that she could never take Narnia away.

And there you have it. I am happy and sad to say that I only have a few chapters left. Just letting you know... KATIE WILL BE IN PRINCE CASPIAN! Again do not forget to vote and review! Until then...

Grapejuice101