The Stone Table

Hey guys, got the next chapter up. This chapter was hard for me to write, so many emotions. Anyways, don't forget to vote and review. If you want to see what clothes Katie is wearing or my posters, check out my Polyvore page. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

I do not own anything except my OC Katie.

I kept tossing and turning from my bed. After the events with the White Witch, I had a lot on my mind. What does she want from me? How come I'm so important? But most of all, what was the promised between she and Aslan? I was about to close my eyes when I heard something behind my tent. I looked up to see Aslan's shadow walking somewhere. Aslan? Where in the world is he going in this late hour?

"Susan, Lucy, wake up," I whispered.

They both woke up to see the shadow of Aslan too. We got out of bed, grabbed our cloaks and presents from Father Christmas, and followed Aslan. We followed him to the dark part of the forest. He was walking a little bit slower and he stopped. I grabbed Lucy and pulled her behind the tree that Susan was hiding to.

"Shouldn't you three suppose to be in bed," we heard Aslan asked.

We looked at each other all guilty and walked over to him.

" We couldn't sleep," said Lucy.

" Please, Aslan. Couldn't we come with you?" asked Susan.

"I would be glad of the company tonight. Thank you," he said.

We looked at him and petted his mane. We were walking for quite some time. I had a really bad feeling about what was about to happen.

"Katie you have to listen to me."

I jumped a little when I heard that. I looked at Aslan and realized his mouth wasn't moving. He was talking to me in my mind.

"I need you to hide the girls when it is my time to go. Do not be seen and please be careful. You have to protect Narnia from the Witch," he thought.

"Aslan, what was the promise between you and the Witch?" I thought to him.

Aslan smiled sadly at me and thought, "I cannot tell, but whatever happens, just remember that I love you and I'll with you always."

I smiled back him and thought, "I love you too Aslan."

We continued to walk until Aslan suddenly stopped. "It is time. From now on, I must go on alone," he said out loud.

"But Aslan," Susan started to say.

"You have to trust me, for this must happen. Katie, make sure you and the girls are not seen. Thank you Susan, thank you Lucy, thank you Katie, and farewell," he said.

He continued to walk farther to the forest. The girls looked at me all concerned.

"Come on, let's go," I said. We walked behind a fallen tree and my eyes grew in fear for what I saw. All of the White Witch's followers were standing around this table with the Witch standing on top of it. "That's the promise," I whispered.

My heart fell when I saw Aslan at the end of the steps. He lowered his head like he was defeated.

"Behold, The Great Cat," said the Witch sarcastically.

One of her followers poked him with a spear. Aslan growled at him to stop. I could hear the same dwarf that Edmund and I tied up saying, "Does the kitty need some milk."

"Why doesn't he fight back?" asked Lucy.

"Because he's sacrificing himself for me and Edmund," I thought.