Chapter Five

Orchideous - Conjures a bunch of flowers

~Arden Diggory~

Draco called after me as I continued to storm away from him. Draco Malfoy was apart of the sacred 28, of course he is going to be picky about blood purity. I still can't understand why someone could be friends with you based on who you're related to. That's like choosing your life long companion based on blood purity. It's disgusting.

I arrived at charms in seconds. Hermione was already waiting outside the class, waiting to be let in.

"Arden, what's wrong? You look upset." Hermione asked.

"Just Draco being stupid." I said.

"When is he not?" Hermione laughed and saw Draco coming to charms. Hermione stopped her laughter and put her head down, avoiding his gaze.

"What are you laughing at Granger?" Draco said coolly. Hermione shot a glare at him and went into the classroom. "Why are you suddenly so uptight, Diggory? Did I say something?" He was so oblivious wan't he?

"You can't seriously want to be friends with me just because I'm a pure-blood." I said bluntly. Draco scoffed.

"That's not the main reason. I was just teasing for Merlin's sake!" Draco pushed past me and stormed into the classroom. Hermione brought out her books and laid them out on her desk. As Draco sped past, he slid his hands across her desk and pushed the books on the ground. The books scattered on the floor next to her, and Hermione looked as though someone killed her right before her eyes. Draco sat at the very back of the room and put his feet up on the desk. He seriously was so over dramatic about everything...

I rushed over to Hermione and helped her with her books. 

"That bastard!" Hermione said, loudly enough for Draco to hear, making him roll his eyes. "What's got his wand in a knot?" She asked.

"It's Draco, he's just being dramatic as usual." I sighed. I sat next to Hermione and brought out my books and wand. I looked behind me and saw Draco making wisps of light in the air with his wand. Professor Flitwick entered the class and commenced the lesson. Everyone was waving their wands around and making things move around the class. Professor Flitwick left the classroom to retrieve parchment, and left the classroom to turn into total mayhem

Hermione tried to tell everyone to be quiet, but the students' rowdiness drowned out her voice, and she gave up. I turned around and saw Draco still making little pictures in the air with his wand. By now people were casting more than just charms. People were destroying things, trying to turn objects into animals, and so on. Hermione sat silently, with her nose stuck in a book. 

"Avis." I muttered. A small flock of blue birds flew out of my wand, followed by the sound of a gunshot and smoke. Hermione looked up and saw the birds fluttering near me.

"Oh wow! That's a N.E.W.T level spell, Arden! Well done!" Hermione praised. 

"Oh please, it's not like you couldn't do it already." I complimented. Hermione blushed then kept reading her book. The blue birds fluttered near my desk and a bit behind me. I turned and saw Draco still drawing in the air. What he was drawing however, was what looked like a cartoon of  the Quidditch cup crushing my brother's head. Furious, I pointed my wand and muttered "Oppugno."

The small blue birds didn't listen to my spell, and instead it backfired onto me. The birds flew directly at me and started pecking at my face. I shrieked from the pain, as the birds continued to peck and scratch at my skin.