Chapter Eleven

Crushes and Rejections

~Draco Malfoy~

It's been another week, still no date. I can't believe I've not had one girl even hint  that they want to go to the ball with me. My options are running slim, since everyone was so hyped they asked their date to the ball the day it was announced. Merlin forbid I ask Pansy. I'd never go to the ball with her, only if she is literally the only option, then I guess I'll have to give in.

 I can't even ask the one person I want to go to the ball with. Every time I've made the effort I've been interrupted, why does the world hate me? No, who cares! These are obviously signs I shouldn't even bother with her. I mean, she wouldn't even want to go with me if I asked her anyway, right?

Why would she go to the ball with me? We've only been -sort of- friends for a month now, and in that time all I've done is bug her. She didn't even get the hint when I gave her those flowers, she just thought of it as a joke. Also, this sudden friendship came out of nowhere. There's almost no chemistry between us besides the pain in my stomach I feel when she looks at me.

Okay Draco, you need to calm down. She's not interested. She's probably got a thing for Potter. Oh god, Potter. That idiot has probably made a move on her already! If only I had just asked her in potions last week instead of storming off. Perhaps it's not too late, the ball is still another few weeks away. She's said that she's denied almost every guy who's asked her, so her options are slim too. 

But how do I know she'll say yes to me? The boy who has picked on her for years as an excuse to talk to her? This is so confusing, I don't even know how I feel towards her. I'm going to sound like every other boy in this pathetic school when I say this, but Arden Diggory is probably the kindest and prettiest girl I've met, but my father cant stand her father, so naturally I'm supposed to dislike her, right?

But I can't stop thinking about her.

 If she weren't a Slytherin, she'd be a normal girl that no one notices, but only stands out slightly for her looks. Since she's in the house of assholes, her kindness and loyalty stand out. The other Slytherin girls are nice when you're close to them, but they show hatred and bitchiness on the outside so they don't get picked on like Arden does. Arden doesn't hide away her softness, and is kind to everyone. A girl with her attitude in Slytherin is uncommon, which is why she outshines the other girls in my eyes.

Who cares, I'm going to do it, I'll ask her. I'm not going to be interrupted, and I'm not going to wuss out. 

-

She was sitting on the opposite side of class. She sat next to Granger at the front, while I was next to Crabbe at the back. All day I haven't found the right moment to ask her, I wanted to be by ourselves when I did, I wanted to make the moment so special that she couldn't say no. 

Charms class, the perfect time to use a charm to ask Arden to meet with me somewhere, and do class work at the same time. I could pass a note to her, and practice a charm to make it fly over. I pulled out a piece of parchment, and wrote the following;

Meet me at The Three Broomsticks after today's classes. I'll buy us drinks.

I folded the parchment into a paper crane, then bewitched it so I could blow it over to Arden. 

"Hey, Diggory!" I called across the class. Arden put down her quill, then turned to face me with an irritated look on her face. I smiled at her and placed the crane in my two hands. I blew on it then the crane delicately flew over to her. She raised an eyebrow as the crane landed in front of her. Granger leaned closer to Arden, trying to look in on the note. Arden opened it, and took a moment to process it. Both her and Granger turned around, and looked at me with confused expressions.