Epilogue

Draco remembered the butterflies of asking Arden to the Yule Ball when he wanted to propose, but they were far stronger this time, or, each time.

Draco made multiple attempts at proposing. Planning the perfect moment, but that moment would always be ruined by something.

Twice he had attempted. The first, he took her out to an expensive dinner, as he was about to pop the question, the waiter came and asked if they wanted the bill. No matter how many times Arden would tell Draco to go on with what he was saying, Draco would brush it off. He wanted no interruptions.

The second time, he tried to do something a little far fetched. Attempting to write it in the sky with his wand, but his nervousness only caused a fire to start instead. Arden couldn't stop laughing at the situation for days while Draco tried his best to keep in his frustration.

Tonight was the third time he was going to ask her, and each time the moment was perfect, there was always some kind of interruption that caused him to hold his tongue. He kept second guessing himself, wondering if he really should ask her, but the rapid heart beat he endured whenever he looked at her told him that he had to.

They were walking through a park during the evening. Snow fell from the sky, and Christmas lights were strung around lamp posts and in the trees. They were the only two in the area, yet Draco felt that the universe will somehow prevent him from asking her. The two stopped to look at the lights as they suddenly changed colour, Arden smiled as they slowly cycled through the rainbow.

"Aren't they beautiful?" She said with a grin on her face.

"Very beautiful," Draco sighed, not even looking at the lights, but looking at Arden instead.

She laughed, "you're not even looking at them!"

"Why would I want to look at a bunch of lights when I can look at the beautiful woman I love?" Draco teased with a smirk on his face. Arden pulled up her scarf to cover her blushing cheeks. "Don't shy away from me like that love, you're gorgeous."

Arden squeezed her eyes shut as the flattery gave her uncontrollable butterflies through her body. "You always know how to make me swoon."

Arden stopped hiding her hand away in her sleeve as Draco held out his. He took her warm hand in his ice cold one and looked at her in the eyes.

"These lights may be nice, but they're an electric object. I could always just get new lights if I ever lost my own." Draco began, "but what would I do if I lost you? You're irreplaceable Arden-"

Arden rolled her eyes, "Draco you're not going to lose me-"

"I know, but I guess I'm just trying to say that you are the love of my life." Draco took a deep breath as he took Arden's other hand in his. "And I-"

His words were cut off as he felt a sharp smack on his back. Turning around, it just so happens that Blaise Zabini was taking his girlfriend out tonight also, and was eager to catch up with Draco and Arden, despite Draco looking at him like he was about to kill him.

"Ah Draco! Arden! Never thought I'd see you two again!" He chirped. Blaise began to mention that he and his girlfriend were getting married soon. As soon as Draco heard the word 'marriage' he cracked.

Draco smacked Blaise's arm off his shoulder and pushed him away. "For fuck's sake Zabini, can I not ask the woman I love to marry me without any interruptions!?" Draco shouted, staring up at the stars as he did so. Blaise slowly backed away, and Draco mentally kicked himself as he slowly turned back to Arden, completely ruining the moment.

Arden's mouth was open slightly as she was lost for words. Few tears ran down her cheeks as she looked at Draco, she'd been waiting for this moment for so long.