Chapter Fifty Two

Fire Whiskey

It's been a week and a half into Arden's 6th year at Hogwarts. The only things she found herself doing was homework, and crying.

Hermione had to tell her everyday to not let him get to her head. Arden would listen to her advice, tell herself not to worry about him, but her heart and brain wanted different things.

She hated what he did to her, but she loved him. It was a never ending war with herself that had no signs of ending. Arden felt that it would go on forever, thus not being able to let Draco go...

She was leaning over the railing on the Astronomy Tower. A large bottle of Fire Whiskey that she'd bought off of Blaise. She asked for something to just let her forget everything, and Blaise told her he had the perfect solution.

She was 1 year too young to drink it, but she didn't care. The burning sensation distracted her from her thoughts and heart's desire, but once it cooled down the after affects of the alcohol made her want Draco back more and more.

So she kept taking swigs of the drink. The fiery liquid ran through her, and burnt her insides for a minute or so. The fire died out, so she took another sip.

About an hour and a half later Arden was on the floor, leaning her back against the railing. The bottle was empty, and her thoughts were racing. She began sobbing uncontrollably, wondering what had gone wrong, why it happened, why he didn't love her.

The crying stopped when she heard footsteps. Arden quickly put the glass bottle behind her, hoping that whoever had arrived would think she was just crying, and not under the influence.

He had shut out everything to focus on his thoughts. His mission was difficult, he was in the process of repairing the Vanishing Cabinet in the room of requirement and it was taking far too long for him.

When he saw the curly head of hair his heart stopped. He had done this to her, it was his fault. 

Draco didn't expect to find Arden in the place he'd come to every night since he had arrived at Hogwarts. He walked towards her, and she quickly looked up at him with fear in her eyes.

"D-don't tell anyone..." She begged. Draco raised an eyebrow in confusion as he walked closer to her.

"Don't tell anyone what, Diggory?"

She looked away in guilt, and pulled out the empty bottle of Fire Whiskey from behind her. Draco sighed, he'd never imagine that she'd be up here in his spot, doing the same thing that he was going to do.

Draco pulled out the silver flask from his pocket and showed her. "As long as you don't tell anyone about this, then my lips are sealed." Draco slumped down onto the concrete next to her, taking a gulp of juniper berry gin from his flask.

He'd come here every night to relieve the stress of the mission that he felt like he'd fail, and to drown away the regret of splitting up with Arden.

If Arden were sober, Draco wouldn't dare to sit with her, or even speak to her at all. Over the past week the two had been throwing glares and insults almost every minute of the day. It gave them excuses to talk to each other, even  if it hurt them.

"Go away, you hate me." Arden slurred. 

Draco took another sip. "I don't hate you, you hate me." 

Arden tiredly leaned her head on his shoulder. She didn't have any control over her actions, it was the alcohol making her talk, and move, although they were things her sober self were dying to do.

Draco felt butterflies, and leaned his head against hers. He knew she wouldn't remember this moment. As much as it hurt him that it would be as if this moment never happened between them, Draco savored every second.

"Well, you have been a bit of a dick head." She sighed, not even phased by Draco's hurt expression. She opened her mouth to say something, but she closed it again as she thought about her words.

"What is it?" Draco asked.

She was going to tell him that she loved him, but even her intoxicated mind knew not to do so. "I just wanted to ask for a sip..." 

Draco sighed in frustration, and handed her the flask. "Sure, whatever."  Arden finished it's contents in seconds, burping slightly after she swallowed it all.

Draco chuckled. "Excuse you."

"I'm so graceful aren't I?" Arden teased. 

"You truly are, Diggory." He agreed. Arden rolled her eyes, and repositioned herself to lay down.

Her head was in his lap, and they both looked into each other's eyes for ages. Draco ran his fingers through her hair, making Arden become sleepy.

"You're not going to remember any of this, are you Arden?" Draco asked.

Arden shut her eyes, and shook her head. "Nope." She smiled. 

Draco hesitated. Arden wouldn't remember anything, so he thought to get his thoughts off his chest, so he wouldn't be guilty about it for the rest of his life.

"I love you, Arden." He whispered.

Arden opened her eyes, and looked at him quizzically. Draco felt his heart melt as he looked into her eyes. Arden's confusion wiped away, and she started to giggle.

"Your jokes always did make me laugh." She said as her giggles died out. Draco felt his heart shatter at her words, knowing that he had truly damaged her beyond repair. If her drunk self couldn't accept it, then her sober self would never.

Arden yawned, and pulled herself up so her lips were just brushing against his.

"Can you take me back to my dorm?" She whispered. Draco knew she was intoxicated, and he knew it was wrong, but she wouldn't remember. He was feeling slightly tipsy also from how strong the gin was, perhaps he wouldn't remember either.

Draco leaned down to kiss her, but Arden pulled away and cheekily smiled at him.

"Later." She teased. Draco got up, and waited for her to get up also, but instead Arden held out her arms for him to carry her.

Draco groaned, picking her up bridal style and carried her to the Slytherin dungeons.

Draco hoped and prayed that Arden would not remember what happened between them that night.

~

Yo this isn't the perfect scene that I had planned but hey it's one of them

What do you think is gonna happen??? What will Arden think once she sobers up? Do you think whatever happens between them will bring them closer? Tell me! I love it when you guys speculate in the comments xoxo

Also #80  in FanFiction that's pretty wild....