Chapter Seventy One

Captured

Lena struggled against her father's strong grip on her. Kicking and screaming as he dragged her up to the front doors of Malfoy Manor.

"Shush sweetheart you must be respectful-" her father was cut off by another shriek let out by Lena. Her father opened the doors of the mansion, Lena's screams echoing through the living area.

All eyes turned to the young girl fighting to break free. Draco's face went completely white, and he felt sick seeing her. It didn't matter if he looked away from her, the sound of her screams still made him feel ill.

"Oxton... I see you found her." Voldemort sighed. Lena's screams died out upon seeing the Dark Lord in the flesh. She began to whimper, as she sobbed staring at all of the Death Eaters looking at her like filth. "Do we have to take care of her?"

"My lord, she just needs a bit of convincing." Lena's father begged.

Some of the Death Eaters rolled their yes, knowing well that Lena was not going to join their side. "Convince her well, we can't have her leave if she's not with us." Voldemort threatened. "Take her to the dungeons."

Lena's father hesitated, "m-my lord..." Voldemort however, ignored him. Mr Oxton nodded, pushing his daughter forward towards the dungeons. Draco looked over to her, flinching as her eyes begged him to help her.

Lena began to scream again as her father forced her forward. "Draco!" She cried. As she got closer to being locked away, she cried out Draco's name repeatedly, her voice growing louder and more shrill as she was pushed.

Draco used all the strength he had to prevent his body from shaking. He looked down at the floor, trying not to flinch every time Lena called for him.

All eyes were on him now as the sounds of Lena were cut off as she was locked away. Voldemort in particular, gave one os his most trusted followers a suspicious gaze. "I think she wants to speak to you, Draco." He said in a matter of fact tone, "go, talk some sense into her."

Draco got up from his seat and hurried over to where Lena was being kept. He opened the door to see Lena sitting on the concrete, sobbing as she tried to have her voice heard.

Draco hurried to her side, placing her hand over her mouth to silence her screams.

"You can't be heard down here." Draco said hurriedly. Lena stopped struggling and quietened down. Draco carefully took his hand away, worried that she'd scream again.

"Merlin you don't know how glad I am to see you." Lena breathed out.

Draco looked at her oddly. "Your father has just taken you hostage and you're glad to see me? Of all people?"

"A lot has been going on..." Lena sighed. "You have to get me out of here."

"Do you have a death wish Oxton? You can't leave this place unbranded, I don't think the Dark Lord is nice enough to let you out after being obliviated, let alone having your memory." Draco snapped, "unless you have contact with people who are coming to get you now, you're stuck down here..."

"Maybe you can buy me time, make up some lie about why I have to stay down here for longer. I'll come up with a plan to get out." Lena begged. "Please I just need to get out of here as soon as possible."

"Oxton I know you don't want to be here but for whatever reason they've got you here, you need to wait until they get what they want for you to leave."

Lena groaned as she leaned against the bricked wall of the dungeon. Draco looked at her, wanting to ask her about how Arden was so desperately, but hesitated knowing how shaken Lena was under her circumstance.

But Lena was an excellent people person, and she could read people better than she could read text books. "She's the reason I have to get out of here." Lena muttered.

Draco felt uneasy, "is she alright?" He asked.

Lena let out a deep sigh, looking away from Draco. "I really wish I wasn't the one telling you..." 

The anxiety in Draco grew as he assumed the worst. Could she be deathly ill? Have broken bones? Draco had no clue, but his body began to tremble not knowing where Arden was, or if she was okay.

"What do you mean? Is she hurt? Is she sick-"

"No Draco," Lena interrupted, "Arden's pregnant..."

Draco felt his throat become dry, become tight as if it wouldn't allow any words to form. His brain was on overdrive but couldn't form any thoughts, and his heart was pounding.

He was a father.

Draco slumped down to the ground, sitting right by Lena's side. His mouth was open slightly in shock, and his eyes stared at the concrete blankly. Lena let him think in silence, knowing thats most definitely what he needed after being told his girlfriend that he is unable to be with was pregnant.

But Draco didn't know what to think. Was he angry? No, but he wasn't excited either. He'd always wanted to be a father, but it happening so soon was the real shock. He couldn't be with her during this time, perhaps not even after for a long while. 

"When do you think it'll-"

"November some time most likely." Lena said, "she's already started to show..." Draco groaned and covered his face with his hands. He had missed her so much, and now adding a child to the plate, he wanted nothing more than to just be by her side. "She wanted you to choose a name you know, for a girl." 

Draco looked at Lena, his upset expression gone. "She wants me to-?"

"She's so convinced that it's a boy, she's already chosen Cedric for the name." Lena stated, "I personally think she's jinxing herself, and that it's a girl." 

Draco couldn't help but crack a smile, chuckling to himself as he knew Arden's stubbornness all too well. He'd always wanted a little girl, having one with Arden would probably make him the happiest man on earth.

"We sort of have a tradition, naming our kids after things in space, planets, stars and what not." Draco sighed, "I'd like to continue that..."

Lena smiled, "If you help me out of here, I can get to her and tell her. I can be there for her during all of it-"

The dungeon door began to open, and Draco quickly got off the ground, staring at his mother who peered through.

"Draco, you're needed..." She purred. Draco cleared his throat as he made his way out of the dungeon. Before he left, he looked back at Lena, who was waiting for his answer.

"Rosalind." He told Lena. Draco then turned around, and was gone.

~

Rosalind is one of the moons of Uranus (lol). I personally prefer the pronunciation roh-zuh-lind over rose-ah-lind but whatever floats your boat. 

I thought it was a pretty name, I didn't want to go with Lyra since that's literally the go to potential Malfoy daughter name. 

I love my Draco so much hes so pure and just wants Arden to be okay and help me I'm dying.