The Reason

"talking"

*writing*

Fully awake, Harry Potter turned to Remus with a questioning look in his eyes.

"What happened to you, cub?" Remus asked looking at Harry's throat where it was bleeding heavily out of a long, thick cut. Harry took out a quill and parchment to write down *Vernon*.

"That monster did this! He cut your throat! Why?" Remus was appalled at the fact someone would do that to a child. He gathered his cub in his arms and rocked him as he cried.

*He was tired of waking up from me screaming because of nightmares so he decided to silence me permanently* Harry wrote as he cried in Remus' arms.

"I'm sure we can do something," Remus was at a lost when he heard it was deliberate. 

*No you can't. He made sure of it Remi. Please I want to leave England! The Light abandoned me, they left me to die by the hands of Vernon. I want to live a new life somewhere else. Where no one has even heard of the name Harry Potter.* Harry wrote hyperventilating. 

"Then that is what we are going to do. We have a portkey to America and we will live a new life away from all of the people who abandoned all of us. They left you with those monsters, they threw an innocent man in Azkaban, and they discriminate me because I was bit by Fenrir." Remus quickly assured Harry due to the teen getting worked up.

*So we're leaving for good?* Harry asked looking at Remus.

"Yes cub, we are leaving for good." Remus said as he hugged Harry. Harry was starting to calm down a bit at the thought of being away from his relatives and from the light.

*Will you adopt me?* Harry wrote nervously. He really hoped Remus said yes. He always thought of him as his father figure in life and he wanted to know if Remus thought of him as his son.

"Do you want me to?" Remus asked not daring to hope as he held his hands tightly together. He has always thought of Harry as his own. In fact on full moons, Moony has been restless because his cub wasn't safe with him. The only way for a werewolf will be calm on full moon is if their mate or cub/cubs are with them; Moony sees Harry as his cub therefore full moons have been rough on Remus.

*Yes. I have always thought of you as my dad and have always wanted you to say the same to me.* Harry wrote before curling in on himself thinking that they don't want him. Remus quickly held on to him as he assured him that he would love to be his dad.

*You want me? You really want me?* Harry couldn't believe it. Remus wanted him even when he is damaged.

"Of course I want you. You are my cub. Why wouldn't I want you." Remus squeezed Harry tighter. Harry squeezed Remus too as he cried harder.

"How about we take that portkey to America and start our new life as a family." Remus said as Harry calmed down again. Together they got up, held the chain, and shouted out freedom. Then in a quick jerk, the new family got whisked away to Forks, Washington where they thought they would have a new normal life ahead of them.