The Vampire

"talking"

*writing*

 On a dreary day in Forks, Washington; a vampire family's life changed. Jasper Hale was heading to his room when he heard Alice his wife/mate talking. He looked into his "brother/cousin's" room where her voice was coming from.

"Why are you making us avoid her Edward?" Alice asked, "it's hurting me just as much as it's hurting you."

"We're monsters Alice, we can hurt her. She's my everything I can't hurt her." Edward pleaded the same thing we've all heard the past few days.

"But she's my mate too Edward, you can't force me away from our second mate!" Alice said. Edward replied but Jasper didn't here what he said. He couldn't understand why Alice betrayed him like that. He knew that they weren't each others real mate but they stayed together just so they won't be alone. They also promised that they would tell each if they found their real mate. Jasper couldn't believe that she lead him on, all she had to say was her real mate or mates were Edward and Bella then they would end their relationship.

Jasper turned around and walked out of the house ignoring everyone's stare. He ran into the woods to go hunting so he can forget about the situation. He was alone now, everyone else had somebody. Carlisle had Esme, Emmett had Rosalie, and now Edward had Bella as well as Alice too. He wanted someone to care, to love, and to protect. 

Jasper was shook from his musings when he smelt the most wonderful smell in the world. It didn't smell like food so it wasn't his singer. Jasper approached where the smell came from, he saw a man and a teen who looked to be maybe fifteen. The man smelled like a wolf and the boy smelled heaven. It was when the boy locked eyes with him that he realized the boy was his mate, his true mate. His mate had wild black hair and the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen. They are the brightest green he has ever seen. The boy had plump kissable lips and a strange lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead. His mate also had a black band choker wrapped around his neck. The boy didn't look over fifteen which made Jasper feel like a cradle robber. His mate is also very thin and skinny. Jasper definitely have to get Esme to fatten him up. 

 The wolf-man stood in front of his mate protectively growling at him. Jasper felt his emotions and held his hands out submissively knowing that his mate is the wolf's cub even if the boy didn't smell like a wolf. The man stopped growling and said, "what do you want vampire?"

"I don't want trouble sir," Jasper fought his instincts as he spoke. "I had a difficult situation at home so I left. Then I smelled the most amazing smell, the smell of my mate."

"Are you saying my cub is your mate, vampire?" The man said a little hesitant but still protective.

"Yes I am sir. My name is Jasper Hale, may I asked yours?" Jasper was right about his mate being the wolf's cub but he didn't know how.

"My name is Remus Lupin and this is Harry Potter. It's nice to meet you Jasper." 

"May I ask a personal question?" Jasper wanted to know everything about his mate but he had to be on the good side of his mate's father.

"You may but I might not answer it." The man, Remus, was being reasonable.

"How is Harry your cub, sir?" That was the number one question he wanted to know. He also wanted to know why his mate hasn't talked to him but he had a feeling it has to do with the black choker.

"His parents were my best friends. We were all so close that they were my pack. His father learned how to be an animagus, an animal shape shifter, just to keep me company during the full moons. When they had Harry, I saw him as my cub and even after they passed he has always been my cub." Jasper was surprised that Mr. Lupin even told him the story. His heart broke for his mate, he lost his parents at an early age.

"Thank you for telling me. May I accompany you to where ever you two are going so I can learn about my mate and his father figure and you can learn about me?" Jasper really wanted the chance to learn about them.

"Yes you may. We are heading to our new house to unpack but another set of hands will be welcome."

"Thank you sir. I will be glad to help out." Jasper said as he followed the wolf and his mate to their house. He sent a quick text to Carlisle telling him that he found his mate and he was going to spend time with his mate and father. Carlisle texted back saying okay and let them know when he was going to head back.

Jasper put his phone away when they around at his mate's house. As he helped them unpack he learned that they were wizards and about their war. During that they learned all about his past as well. He didn't want to keep anything from his mate. 

Right before he left his mate grabbed his hand and pulled him down to sit beside him. Jasper sat down and gave Harry his full attention. Harry reached up to the choker and untied it. Jasper held back a gasp when he saw the cut across his throat.

"Is that why you haven't spoken to me? You can't speak?" Jasper was horrified but he knew that he would do anything to help him. Harry took out a pen and paper and started writing.

*Yes*

"Who did it to you?" Jasper wanted to rip apart the person, no monster, who muted his beloved mate.

*I'm sorry I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't.* Harry started breathing heavily as he stared fearfully at Jasper.

"No no it's okay. We just met today, you don't have to tell me your life story. I told you mine because it has been years since it has happened and I wanted to make this transition easier on you. You don't have to tell me everything the first day. It's okay." Jasper said as he tried to comfort his mate. It hurt him when he felt Harry's fear because he knew it was aimed at him. It must have been a tragic experience but Jasper vowed to be with him every step of the way.

*Thank you. I was afraid when I heard we were mates. I thought you were going to force me but so far you're everything I could have wished for. So thank you* Harry wrote blushing.

"You're very welcome, love. You are my mate, my everything, you are the center of my universe and I want to do anything I can to make you feel safe around me." A pool of venom flowed into Jasper's mouth when he saw Harry blush but he swallowed it because he wanted to take things slow. He was from the south so he plans to be the perfect gentleman to Harry.

*Thank you for coming over. I will see you next Monday at school, right?* Harry smiled nervously at Jasper. *You are the only one I know my age, or at least physically my age anyway. I really want you there. Will you?*

"Of course I will be there. My family goes through high school just to keep up appearances so I will be there. Even if not for appearances, I would do it for you. I will escort you to all of your classes so you won't have to deal with the annoying humans," Harry smiled when Jasper said this. "You can also eat with my family."

*What if they don't like me?*

"Then me and you will get our own table to ourselves. I won't leave you alone, okay love." Jasper smiled at Harry and Harry smiled back nodding his consent.

As Jasper headed out the door after saying good bye to Remus, he felt a tug on his shirt. He turned around and thin arms wrapped around his waist. He looked down to see Harry hugging him. Jasper quickly wrapped his arms around Harry as he hugged him back before Harry stepped away. Giving Harry a smile, Jasper turned and headed home. He couldn't wait until he could see him again but he will enjoy their time together and their time apart. When they are apart Jasper was going to imagine the time they spent together.