The Volturi

"talking"

'texting'

*signing*

Harry woke up Saturday morning with a feeling of dread. Something was going to happen and he didn't know what, or when. Shaking his head, he got out of bed and threw on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt before wrapping a scarf around the gash around his throat. Harry headed downstairs to get breakfast and he saw a note from Remus. It said that he went to the grocery store and if he, Harry, needed something just call him. Harry put the note down and grabbed a bowl, milk, and the frosted flakes cereal box before heading to the living room to watch tv. Harry checked his phone to see if he missed any messages from Jasper when he noticed he did.

'Hey darling, good morning! I hope you have a great weekend and I will miss you! I'll see you coming Monday! -J'

'Hey Jasper, good morning to you too! I doubt I'll have a great weekend without you but I'll try. I hope you have a good trip and I will miss you too. See you Monday! -H'

"Hey cub. Good morning! I see you finally woke up today." Remus' voice drifted down the hall. So Harry walked into the kitchen to see Remus putting up groceries. Grabbing the nearest bag, Harry began to help.

*Good morning Remus.*

"Good morning cub. Are you alright? You don't look so good." asked Remus concerned.

*I'm fine but I woke up with a weird feeling, like something is going to happen. And I don't know what it is.*

"Well usually you're never wrong about this feeling but we will just have to keep our eyes open and be more aware of things around us."

*I suppose. I just hope it's nobody from England.*

"Me too cub, me too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, several cloaked figures surrounded the wizards' house. The leader stepped forward and met resistance. The others tried to stepped closer to the house as well but met the same resistance. The whole group as one pushed and pushed trying to find a way through the barrier when lights went on and the front door opened.

Remus Lupin and Harry Potter both woke up to the sirens going off. Remus set up wards around the house to let them know if someone not welcome is on their property. They rushed downstairs to look out the windows and saw a group of cloaked figures. Fearing the group was British wizards, Remus cast a spell to scan the area to see who or what is the group made of. Noticing that the scan showed a group of vampires and not wizards the fear left but was replaced with wary. The only vampires they know are welcomed on their property so these are not them. So you are they? Remus turned on all of the outside lights and downstairs inside lights and cautiously opened the door with his wand ready.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Remus called out in the silent night.

"My name is Aro and we are the Volturi. We wish to speak with both of you. We mean no harm."

"Very well but know this, if you try to attack us once we let you in, then you will be hurt and cast out." said Remus opening the door fully and raising his want to let them in through the wards.

"We fully understand. We have met with wizards like yourself before and we know about your magic."

"Alright then, you may come inside." At that point the wards went down and the group of vampires felt a huge weight lift off their shoulders. They've been trying for awhile now to push through the unyielding wards and now that it is open, the vampires felt more at ease.

"Hello my name is Remus Lupin, this is my son Harry Potter. And you are?"

"My name is Aro, these are my brothers Marcus and Caius. We are the rulers of the Volturi, which is the government of the vampires." After Aro finished introducing his whole crowd, he brought up why they were there in the first place. "You see a long, long, long, long time ago I had a small little affair of sorts with a witch. Since you wizards have magic embedded in yourselves, the witch was able to get pregnant with a half-wizard, half-vampire baby. The baby then grew up and married a wizard named Ignotus Peverell. They had children themselves and one of the children married a Potter. In which is where your family line comes in to play. You see I never knew this but I happened to look on our family tree which shows our human, mortal families and blood; as well as our vampire families and blood. On the family tree I noticed a line between me and that witch leading down to another name which was linked to the Peverell line which lead down to other names which was linked to the Potter line which every single one of the names I've found was long gone, except one. Your name: Hadrian James Potter. I decided I wanted to find you and to maybe get to know you. I happen to be your Great-great-great-great-something-something-grandfather. I never even knew I had other family, the only family I have are my two brothers and their mates but I now know that I do have other family....you."

"I need to warn you Aro that Harry can't speak so if you don't know sign language then be aware that I have to translate." cautioned Remus.

"Oh no! Poor boy. Of course I know sign language."

*Are you really my ancestor?*

"yes I am dear boy."

*Do you hate papa since he's a werewolf?*

"Now while I don't like werewolves, I will get along with any that you see as family or friends."

*Why?*

"Because I've been lonely for awhile since my mate died and I've always wanted a bigger family. I see the Volturi as my family that is why I turn so many vampires, is to fill up the empty spaces. I tried so hard to get the Cullens to join but they kept refusing me."

*I've always wanted a family too. Remus was a really good friend of my dad so when he found out about where I lived he took me and adopted me. So now he's my papa. You have to be nice to the wolves at La Push because my late godfather and Remus' mate is related to them, or was. Also you have to be nice to the Cullens, Jasper is my mate.*

"I will as long as they play nice too. And that Jasper better treat you right or else your grandfather will have something to say."

*Really! Thank you so much!* With this signed exclamation Harry jumped into Aro's arms and gave him a big hug. He was about to sign something else when a big yawned escaped from his mouth.

"Go on to bed. We woke you and you need your sleep. Don't worry we'll be around so we can talked tomorrow as well."

*Okay good night.*

Remus waited until Harry was out of hearing range before he turned towards Aro again.

"He's been hurt too many times so you better keep your promise."

"I will don't you worry. I truly have been wanting a bigger family for so long. So now that I know I have a grandson of sorts. I'm not letting him go."

"He's happy here. He has made friends with the wolves and with the Cullens. He's Jasper's mate and I know he really likes Jasper."

"I understand that. When I said I wasn't going to let him go, I didn't mean that I was going to drag him to Italy with us. I meant that I would do everything in my power to make him want me as a grandfather figure. We will visit here a lot if you choose to continue living here. Also we have lots of money so you two as well as the Cullens, if you so wished, can fly to Italy and spend vacation there."

"That is very kind of you thank you. Also please try to refrain from draining humans dry while you stay here because Harry will know it's you and he won't like it."

"Don't worry we feed on the plane and packed bags of blood with us."

"Very well then. I can't find fault with you....for now. Don't make Harry cry okay."

"We won't. I promise Remus Lupin. I would never do anything to harm my grandson." stated Aro seriously.