Chapter One

The Forbidden Forest was quiet late into the night. The creatures of the forest were asleep as the wind brushed calmly through the trees, and rustled the fall leaves causing them to float gently to the floor of the forest.

Suddenly a pained howl pierced the air, waking many of the creatures.

A small head poked out of a hole in an English Oak tree, and it scanned the forest surrounding it. It's shoulder length platinum blonde hair brushed in the wind, exposing it's dark skin. The young Faery, clad in a white and green collared dress and sandals on her feet, climbing up her legs and stopping just below her knees, hesitantly flew out of her tree.

The Faery- Eve- scanned her surroundings one more, as another howl echoed through the night. Eve's head snapped towards the direction of the sound, and flew towards it.

Eve flew in an out of the trees, her small size being an advantage. But, she stopped suddenly when she reached the edge of the forest, coming face to face with an old hut, smoke billowing out of its chimney.

She looked at the hut and spotted a large, scary looking man inside with a scarier looking dog. The blonde Faery looked towards the hut hesitantly before her curiosity got the better of her and she flew towards where the pained howls originated.

Her small, translucent wings carried her to a knotted tree with fist-like branches.

Eve flew around the tree, listening to the continuous howls, trying to find out how to get in, when she spotted a hole in the bottom that went underground. The young Faery quickly flew into the hole, and followed the tunnel.

The howls of the wolf got progressively louder as she continued to fly down the path. The pain balled into each howl caused her to flinch as she got closer to the end of the tunnel.

Once she reached the end of the tunnel, she was in an old abandoned house. The furnisher was thrown about with slashes in them, and the wallpaper was ripped and torn, sending a shiver of fear down the Faery's spine.

Suddenly, a low growl pierced the air from the corner of the room. Eve turned towards the sound and spotted a wolf-like creature glaring at her, baring it's sharp teeth. Her emerald eyes widened in shock, fear, and a hint of sympathy for the creature.

"A werewolf," she whispered to herself as she flew slowly towards the poor creature.

The werewolf let out another growl at the Faery and she stopped in her place, putting her tiny arms up showing that she meant no harm. The werewolf didn't move, instead it just stared intently at Eve's small form, causing her to stare back.

Whenever she tried to move closer to the creature, it would growl. The poor werewolf growled at every move the young Faery made causing her to just stay where she was until it transformed back into a person.

The two beings stayed like that, just staring at each other, until the werewolf eventually grew tired and curled onto the floor of the shack.

Eve continued to stare at the werewolf until she could hear his steady breathing indicating it was finally asleep. She let out a breath of relief at no longer being threatened before realization dawned on her, I could have easily escaped or killed it, she thought to herself, Take that wizards! Not all Faeries are mean!

She shook those thoughts from her head before gently flying towards the werewolf as the sun rose in the distance. Eve stopped nearing the creature as it stared to transform from it's wolf-like state, to a young boy- no older than fifteen.

The boy groaned, causing Eve's eyes to widen, before she quickly made herself become the height of a normal person. She felt her wings shrink into her back as she was gently placed on her much larger feet. Her green and white collared dress grew along with her body, stopping at her knees, and her sandals grew to fit her human sized feet, instead of her small Faery ones. She quickly positioned her hair so it covered her pointed ears- the only thing giving away her species- before the boy's brown eyes started to blink open.

"Are you okay?" Eve asked gently causing the boy to jump awake and stare at Eve with fear in his eyes.

"You can't tell anyone!" The boy said to her, "Please don't tell anyone."

"Your secret's safe with me...." she trailed off, not knowing his name.

"Remus," he filled in, "Remus Lupin."

Eve smiled before helping the boy off the ground, making him a couple inches taller than her, "I'm Eve, nice to meet you Remus."