Chapter Twenty-One

Eve was quietly reading a fantastical when a knock sounded at her door. She quickly finished the page she was on before placing the book face down onto her table. Eve walked out of her kitchen and made her way to her door. She opened it without a thought, and came face-to-face with Emitt.

"Hello, Emitt?"

"Eve," Emitt nodded, "May I come in?"

"Er, sure," Eve nodded opening the door more and stepping to the side. Emitt quickly went inside Eve's tree home forcibly closed the door, "Are you okay?"

"I don't know," Emitt admitted, "I mean, I don't think so. Just something feels off. About what, I don't know. There's just something wrong, and it has been bothering me for hours. Something's different, that I know, but I've been asking around, and no one else seems to feel it."

"Is it pulling you any which way?" Eve asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah," he nodded, "It's weird."

"Maybe it's your Sprite," Eve told him.

"My Sprite?" Emitt asked with a laugh, "Please, you know it's unlikely for someone to find their twin."

"Not impossible," Eve told him. Opening the door, she motioned him outside, "Follow it."

He started at her gaping, "I can't just follow any random feeling I have, Eve."

"That's the whole point of the feeling, Emitt," Eve told him rolling her emeralds as she pushed him out the door and into the snowing outdoors, him catching himself just in time with his wings, "Don't come back until you have a twin, you hear me."

Before getting an answer she slammed the door in his face.

Lily sat quietly at the base of Emitt's tree as she tried to translate the runes that Eve had given her. She was hesitant to do so, though, not sure as to what they were for. But she had enough trust in the Faery to believe it wasn't for anything harmful. Unfortunately, the runes didn't seem to be in her level six Ancient Runes text book, or any of the books she could find in the library. The witch only had a couple more days to find the translations before she would be going home for Christmas.

From the first day of school to now she had gone through all the text books she owned, and the library's entire rune book collection, unable to find anything pertaining to the specific runes that Eve wanted her to translate.

Some were close, but not close enough to be certain it was right. She didn't want to ask for help until she was sure that she couldn't find it on her own. But once she was through with the current book in her lap and hadn't moved an inch in the right direction to translating the runes, she was going to go to Professor Borys, the ex DADA teacher, and the current Ancient Runes professor.

She was reaching the final pages when she spotted Sirius sitting at the edge of the Black Lake with a blond girl beside him.

At first glance she thought it was Marlene, but she was sure Marlene wouldn't be out in the snow freezing her butt off talking to Sirius Black, of all people. Lily was only out here because everywhere she went was far too loud, and her clothes managed to protect her enough from the cold. On the plus side, Emitt's tree emitted a warmth, almost like a fire. She wouldn't be getting cold anytime soon.

The redhead looked over at Sirius and the blonde in confusion, wanting to go over to them and find out who she was, but at the same time stay to herself and not bother the two. Mustering all the self control the witch had, she got up off the ground, brushed the snow off her butt and made her way inside, her books and parchment clutched tightly to her chest.

Sirius looked over at Lily from the corner of his eye and let out a sigh of relief when she left the grounds and made her way back into the castle. "Are you okay, Sirius?" The blonde asked him curiously.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Efa," he told her.

"Do you feel that?" She asked, abruptly standing up, her blue flowly dress waving in the chilling wind, "Something feels off. Like it's not right. Somethings wrong. It's coming from over there." She pointed in the general direction of the Forbidden Forest and quickly transformed into her small ten inch Sprite form and flew off to the forest.