Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Pray you never meet him, though most do." Eve finished the first chapter in the old book, gently closing the brittle, yellow pages before carefully setting it down on the table in front of her. She looked up at Emitt, to see him sleeping on the couch with an open book face down against his chest.

"Emitt," Eve whispered to the sleeping Fae, slightly confused. "Emitt, wake up."

He stirred slightly before falling back asleep. Snoring filled the small home as the front door opened, Elias walking inside. His hair was slicked back, and his gill marks were clearly visible against his neck. He looked over at Emitt curiously, wondering why his twin was asleep in the middle of the day.

It was quite odd, actually. Usually, Emitt was awake throughout the entirety of the day and went to sleep around nine o'clock. Then he would wake up at around five or six in the morning. It was an odd schedule, but Emitt rarely broke it. The only time he did, was on a schedule as well. Every two days, the Fae would take an hour long nap at three o'clock. Considering it was now noon, something was off.

"Emitt?" Elias frowned walking over to the sleeping Fae. He slapped his hand against his leg, "Emitt, wake up."

"Hmm?" Emitt hummed, rolling over to face the couch.

"Wake up, it's only noon," Elias tapped Emitt on the temple.

That got his attention.

Slightly drowsy, Emitt turned back to face Eve and Emitt. "Whadoya mean 'it's noon'."

"It's noon," Eve said simply, looking at him slightly worried. "Are you feeling okay?"

Emitt nodded, frowning as he sat up and stretched. "I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night."

"Obviously, what could you have been doing last night? It threw off your entire schedule." Elias sat down beside Elias.

"I just couldn't sleep," Emitt shrugged them off, placing the book that was previously on his chest to the table in front of him.

Eve narrowed his eyes at him, but nodded anyway, still not believing him. It looked as though Elias didn't believe him either. The two just looked at each other and brushed it off. They'd investigate it later, but now, they had other things to do.

"So how was it?" Eve asked Elias, finally addressing the reason the Sprite had left.

"It was good," he shrugged.

Emitt frowned at the two, "Wait? What was good?"

"I went to go through the Black Lake, see the Selkies and all. I spoke to the giant squid as well," Elias said with a small smile, "He's very nice, actually."

"Hmm, who knew," Eve made a face before standing up. She raised her arms above her head stretching out her back before moving back into a normal position.

"Where are you going?" Emitt frowned up at her.

"Home."

"Why?"

"I'm tired, and I wanna take a nap in my own bed," Eve said, walking over to the door of Emitt's home.

Emitt stared at her with an open mouth, "You were just judging me for sleeping in the middle of the day, then you go and do the same! How does that make sense?"

"Beacause you have a schedule that you stick to," Eve said, rolling her emerald eyes, "I don't. Simple as that." She opened the door and flew out after a muttering a quick goodbye. She flew through the grounds of Hogwarts, speeding her way past Hagrid's Hut and into the Forbidden Forest. Within minutes she was at her tree home and inside.

Sleeping peacefully in her bed as an owl flew across Britain, a letter in its beak, heading to one green eyes Faery.