Chapter 7

"Please help!" I yelled, "My wife, she woke up screaming in pain and she won't drink water and she was throwing up in the car! We have no idea what's wrong with her!"

The nurses rushed to us with a gurney and took Lena from our arms. They laid her down carefully on it and tried to stretch her out. As soon as they did, she screamed in pain. I winced at the sound of my beautiful wife crying out. Lena shouldn't be hurting like this. She never did anything to deserve this.

Mariana and Brandon rushed in with Mike, Ana, and Aj on their tails. Isabella was with Ana's parents tonight, thankfully. They were all worried sick and freaked out when they saw Lena crying on the gurney.

Mariana instantly started crying because it reminded her of the accident. I could tell. They took Lena away on the stretcher and I tried to follow, but they held me back. They wouldn't let me go to make sure she was okay.

Mike pulled me back and shook his head telling me to stop.

"She'll be fine, Stef. She's a strong woman. Like you." He gave a small smile and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thanks, Mike," I said trying to calm down.

Jesus had taken Mariana into a hug and they were both crying. Callie took Jude up to the window with AJ so he could get signed in for his wrist. Ana was talking to Brandon about something, I had no idea what.

I sat down in a chair and the rest followed suit. Jude rested his head on Callie's shoulder holding his wrist, waiting to be called for the x-Ray that would tell us the inevitable. His wrist was definitely broken. It was purple, blue, and black with yellow surrounding it. It was swollen twice the size as normal and the bone was sticking out funny. Jude was sitting to the left of me so I put my hand on his knee and told him that everything was going to be okay.

Of course, I mostly said it to try and make myself believe...