Chapter 12

"That's me," I said standing up. I rushed to the nurse, Asking her what was wrong with Lena. Everyone followed me to her. The hope they had for Lena to be okay was evident in their eyes.

"Immediate family only," the nurse said looking down at her clipboard. Mike, Ana, and AJ walked back to the chairs and sat down.

She looked back up at us, "I said immediate only."

"We are her immediate family," we said in unison.

"Well then how about only the spouse. That way you can tell the children and it will be easier for them to hear," she said actually sounding like she cared about their feelings.

"Alright," I nodded, turning around to the kids, "go back to the chairs, my babies. I'll tell you what's going on," I made a motion with my arms ushering them the other way. They looked at me defeatedly, but said ok and walked away. I turned back to the nurse with dread. I didn't want to hear that Lena was in pain, but I had to know what was wrong with her.

"Mrs. Adams-Foster-"

"Stef. Please."

"Right... Stef, your wife... She-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:  I am SOOO sorry. I'm not good with keeping updates regularly. I was going to uploaded this yesterday, but I fell asleep in the car. I had a REALLY long car trip yesterday. Please don't hate me ;-;

Also to those of you who have possibly been reading my other story, REBEL, I'm sorry I haven't uploaded it in a long time. I will try to today.

Have a fantabulous day 💕