Chapter 3: Helping Devyn

Chapter 3

"I-I don't get it yo-you want my help?" I repeat staring up at the four members of Aces of Spades.

Devyn rolls her luscious eyes, "That's what I said didn't I?"

Casper elongates his arm offering me a hand, in which I gladly take, my elbows were starting to bruise from the rock stubble in the ground. Casper hands are firm and I squeeze tightly as he yanks me forward. I end up flying and bumping into his chest. Ouch. He grabs my shoulders pushing me back, steadying me. Noah has his cap on his head and is staring from afar, he lifts his hands in the air wondering what was going on. I shrugged over at him before fixating my eyes on Casper's blue ones.

"What she is saying is that she needs to keep her grades high — basically we need someone like you to make her look better." Casper explained.

"Wh-why?" I stuttered staring over at Devyn and back at Casper.

"Because she said so buddy." Ashton spits using his tattooed finger and pressing his finger into my shoulder blade. I stumble backwards slightly and stare down at the ground and back into Ashton's blue eyes.

"Think of this as paying off the damages you've brought onto Dev's car, you got that?" Travis ordered through gritted teeth as his brown eyes locked with my eyes waiting for me to disapprove, so he could beat me to a pulp.

I nod, "Ye-yeah."

"Great," Devyn chirped. "What's your name anyway?"

"Ry-ryker." I stuttered digging my hands into my pockets nervously. What the heck just happened? One minute the guys are trying to jump on me and the next I'm being forced to hang out with Aces of Spades for reasons even unknown to myself.

"Ryker. . ." Devyn slowly said. Hearing my name roll off of her tongue makes me blush but I clear my throat staring at the ground. It sounds so foreign yet so irresistible cute. "Well, Ryker," She taunted. "Looks like you will be hanging with me."

Devyn steps dangerously close to my tall frame. I gaze down into her brown eyes shyly. She grins up at me and stares me up and down before glancing into my eyes. God, she was making me feel hot all over. Maybe it was because she was the first girl to ever approach me in this way. Her eyes fluttered down to my lips and I find myself glued to her plumped lips. Casper then grips Dev's shoulders pulling her back from me.

"Stop making the boy blush! Let's go." Casper noticed. Devyn winks over at me causing me to bury my face in my palms and then running my hands over my forehead and through my messy, brown hair.

Travis bumps shoulders with me as he walks by. Ashton nods his head at me almost to say 'you're alright with me' however his glare doesn't meet his friendly gesture so that confuses the crap out of me. Did he like me or did he not? Since I will be hanging with the bad girl for god knows how long wouldn't that mean Travis, Ashton and Casper would have to come along eventually? I watch the quad wander off and can't help but notice how similar the group walks.