Chapter 6: Having a baby

Chapter 6

"Your dad kicked your ass again?" Jared wondered covering his mouth with his palm.

I roll my eyes.

"You would think he would be tired of getting his butt kicked every other weekend." Noah blurted laughing alongside Jared as we all walked down the corridor.

"You guys are jerks." I spat turning around and staring at Jared then Noah.

"Hey." A girl with curly black hair said smiling over at me. She chews on her bottom lip and winks.

"Wh-what the hell was that?" Jared wondering staring after the curly haired girl. I find myself shrugging and gazing after her as well. I squint my eyes thinking of any possibility that I may know the girl. Was she in mathletes? I didn't think so.

"She was totally hot and she wanted you." Noah exclaimed narrowing his eyes back over at me.

"I-I didn't even know the girl."

"But, she knows you." Jared exclaimed slapping my right arm. I flinch away. That was the same arm I'd thrown that football with repeatedly. Jared pats his curly hair and smirks.

Another girl walks by twirling her hand in her strands smiling seductively. I glance into her brown eyes and slightly smile. What was going on? Maybe I needed to get bruised up for girls to notice me. There was no one else to thank but my old man. Noah laughs and leans on Jared, as Jared looks confused.

"What is going on today man? You got ladies making ogle eyes with you." Noah said staring around.

"I don't know and I really don't want to stick around to find out so. . with that being said lets go."

*****

"Jax is getting on my ass man." Devyn whispered to Casper. "Him and Aria."

"Your brother told you that this year would be different, Dev. You have to show him you are capable of doing better. I'm tired of hearing about these fights you two have." Casper fired back.

"He got rid of my motorcycle, Cas. The one thing that meant the world to me." Devyn muttered.

"And you know why he did that Devyn. Jaxon doesn't just hate us for no reason." Casper ranted. "He's trying to help you. . in the long run at least."

I drown their conversation from my thoughts and continued working on the homework assignment for Chemistry that Mrs. Taylor had assigned for us to do. Mrs. Taylor said that pretty soon we'll be working at the lab stations in the front of the classroom but as of now we'll continue to have assignments about the topic that will, eventually, lead up to the lab.

Everyone around me are whispering with the people beside them. Probably about the party Nick Prescott had Saturday. I heard that he got so wasted that he went streaking down the street. But, I'm not one to ponder about high school gossip. I tap my wooden pencil against the brown desk as I think about the possible answer to question fifty-two. I wish Mrs. Taylor would let us indulge in earphones.