Chapter 33: Lay Off Of Those Romance Books, Dork

Chapter 33

"I heard about what happened to your dad's shop this morning." Declan announced.

"I'm pretty sure this entire town has heard about what happened." I mummer rolling my eyes. My dad's shop was on the news, my mom even called to make sure we were alright. More so me, not really my father but it's nice to think she checked up on both of us.

"That must sucks balls for Garrett I mean his business was just expanding outside of Oakwood." Dylan chimed into the conversation.

My dad was pretty upset all this morning nothing could cheer him up. Then Troye called to make sure we were still doing the cook-out. Surely enough we still were having the barbecue, he couldn't cancel last minute, because this was a grand gesture for my father's business. Our house wasn't filled with my dads friends, their wives and kids yet. I was dreading that moment. I hated greeting folks, especially with the events that occurred earlier with Travis stealing one of my fathers cars.

I wonder if Travis knew whose company he broke into. And if he did know who that shop belonged to would he have still stolen a car? There were so many unanswered question filling my brain at the moment. I didn't know if I did the right thing either. I wanted to rat Travis out to my father but I didn't.

"Yep," I mumbled drifting from the topic. "Apparently, Bryson and Kevin are coming over as well."

"Kevin's a prick." Declan responded rolling his eyes. Dylan was the only one who was fond of having Kevin around. Kevin was just like his father pushy, self-absorbed and a bragger.

"I'm just ready to scope out some hot girls today." Dylan clapped sipping his water bottle.

"Scoping is all you are going to be doing because every one knows I'm the better looking twin." Declan bragged popping his collar and smirking.

"I respect how honest you appear while lying!" Dylan insulted.

Declan huffed. "Remember when I hit you that time and you cracked your head open? That was hilarious."

"At least I was wanted you were obviously a mistake." Dylan fired back.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. It was typical of the twins to argue, they can't go one day without arguing. My dad entered the room with a slight frown on his face, I stood up furrowing my eyes together.

"Everything alright dad?" I wondered.

"Yes," He said smiling slyly, obviously trying to shield his feelings. "I got some news about the stolen car?"

"Really?" I questioned staring over at the twins who scrolled on their devices pretending to be invested in their phones.

"Dylan, Declan can you guys wait downstairs?" My dad asked sending them a genuine smile. However, the smile didn't reach his forest green eyes.