Chapter 21: Trenton Rascalls Party

Chapter 21

My heart begins to accelerate faster with each silent second until suddenly, with a blinding feeling, a light flickered on. I glanced around the small room curious as to where I was. There was a bucket and a mop in the corner, shelves full of cleaning supplies and a huge variety of brooms. I was in the janitors closet. But who pulled me in here and why?

Turning my attention to shadowy form in the corner of the closet I demanded trying to keep my voice even all the while trying to sound macho, "Who are you?"

I watched as the figure started walking toward me. I could make out a glimpse of blonde hair, just faintly. All of my fear had disappeared and was replaced with a state of shock. I stood there unable to move, completely bewildered as to why she was here or, more importantly why had she pulled me into the closet?

"Look Ryker... you can't tell anyone, not Devyn, not Casper, not Noah or Jared. No one." Peyton said grabbing the string above our heads, connected to the light-bulb causing the room to brighten.

"T-tell them what? That you pulled me in a janitors closet against my will?" I questioned staring into her cornflower eyes. Peyton rolled her eyes and ran her hands literally through her beige blonde hair thoroughly.

"No silly," She began to dig deep in her denim short pockets and pulled out her phone. "Before I tell you why I pulled you into this smelly closet you must promise you won't tell anyone."

"Okay, I wont. Now what is it?" I said.

Peyton scrolled through her text messages and held the phone up flashing her vibrant light onto my face. I squinted my eyes, pulling my head back. Did she think I was blind? I grabbed the phone from her shaky hands and beamed at it.  I peeked up at Peyton, utterly confused. She sported a goofy grin and her cheeks were considerably pink.

"Peyton. . . what's this?" I said. I was just looking at her text messages with some guy named, Alec Taylor.

"Text messages between me and this guy." Peyton gushed smirking.

".... okay? Why are you showing me th-this?" I wondered trying my best not to sound rude. "And did we really need to do this in the janitors closet?"

"Yes, yes we did. I didn't want my brother or his lousy friends to see me talking to you in the hall," Made sense. "I met him online. His name is Alec Taylor, he's twenty-two. I really like him Ryker."

"Peyton isn't that illegal? I-I mean what are you? Sixteen? Fifteen?" I said.

"I'm sixteen and I'll be seventeen in a couple of months. He's only a few years older than myself."

"Seven years isn't a couple of years." I reminded her.

"Didn't the singer, Aaliyah, say age ain't nothing but a number?" Peyton asked smirking. "Besides, he wants to meet me next week. Friday I think, what does the text message say?" She chirped sounding a little too excited.