Chapter 31: A Joint Family

Chapter 32

Chapter 32

It has been a few days since Noah sent Brodie to the hospital. The school has been pretty peaceful now that the jocks decided to keep to themselves. I wonder how long that's going to last. Lately Noah, Jared and I have been sitting with Aces of Spades and hanging out with them. The only member that still kind of hates our guts is Travi. That's Noah's nickname for Travis. Who knew three of the nerdiest kids would be hanging out with apparently some of the most scariest people.

As I laid down on my stomach I finished reading my comic book chuckling at the graphics. Only a few seconds later I hear loud thumping music and doors slamming. Knitting my eyebrows together I jumped upward, my suburban neighborhood was nonetheless peaceful. You never heard any police sirens, loud music or slamming of doors. We all just minded our own business. Sliding out of my bed I wondered who could be making all of the ruckus.

Peeking from the window I see two motorcycles and a black car, parked in front of my home. I widened my eyes knowing exactly who those motorcycles belonged to. What were they doing here? I rushed over towards my closet and pulled off my Captain America pajamas and reached for some black joggers. I pulled some socks on my feet and quickly headed out my room.

"Ex-excuse me? You must have the wrong house, you can't be, uh, looking for my son." My mom protested at the door the moment I started down the stairs.

"Mrs. Harley we are looking for your son," Ashton said slithering passed my moms small figure and entering my house with Casper and Travis behind him.

"Oh um come on in," She said sarcastically. "... and it's Ms. Kendrick."

I stepped off the stairs and glanced at the boys, then my mother. Her hazel eyes were expanded and her arms were crossed.

"Ryker come on we are about to shoot some hoops." Casper announced.

"Shoot some hoops?" My mom exclaimed. "My son will not be shooting anything."

"Mom. ." I whispered shyly underneath my breath. God, she was so embarrassing.

Travis started laughing, "No, like play ball? We are going to go play ball."

"Ryker, doesn't play ball."

"Sure he does come on Ryker put some shoes on and meet us out in ten. That is if you are allowed to go with us." Casper said smiling over at my mom. She glared at him, staring the bad-boys up and down.

"Mom can I go?" I asked.

I knew if I had asked my mom to hang out with Aces before they arrived she would have said no immediately. But since they were here in my living-room she'd look like the bad guy if she said no.