Chapter 34: Good Boy Ryker

Chapter 34

The sounds of palms smacking against each other sounded from somewhere behind me.

Gasping, I narrowed my eyes over my shoulder removing my hands from Devyn's hips. A sigh of relief escaped my lips once I realized it wasn't my father instead I rolled my eyes I should've known it was him. Typical, for my friends to be snooping around when I'm around the girl I liked.

"I was wondering when you both would lock lips." Declan said clapping and leaning his arm on the railing.

Embarrassed, I shyly spun around to face Declan fully so Devyn couldn't see my beet red face. I gave him a look to shut him up before he bewilder me any further. Declan nodded obviously getting the hint. He jumped off the porch and sauntered over towards us.

"I was just coming out to tell you Ryker that we are leaving but I saw you two through the screen door and didn't want to ruin the cute little moment you and Julia, sorry, Devyn no doubt seemed to be having." Declan presumed slapping my shoulder.

"You sure have a funny way of showing you are leaving..." Devyn trailed on with a slight smirk. She ran her fingers through her brown locks and crossed her arms over her chest. God, she was so beautiful.

Declan clutched his heart in mime hurt, "Geesh, you want your alone time with Ry. I understand I'm on my way." Declan reaches his hand out for me to shake. We do our handshake and the moment he pulls me into his chest he whispers. "I'm proud of you man, we'll discuss this later."

I swallowed my spit and pulled back from the hug.

"Su-sure," I stuttered.

"See you later Rome and Jules." Declan noted.

Knitting my eyebrows together I gazed at Devyn, "Rome and Jules?"

"Yes. Romeo and Juliet. I heard Ryker's little speech. It was perfectly scripted, like Nicholas Sparks wrote it himself." Declan teased. I glanced down at the grass feeling a slight breeze from the rustling of the wind from the residue of the previous rainstorm. ". . . seems like you've been wanting to say that for a while."

I gazed over at Devyn locking eyes with the girl of my dreams, "It's because I have."

Devyn slightly smiled and I returned the sly smile before returning my attention to Declan. I scratched behind my neck, waiting for him to speak.

"Well, I will see you two around." Declan announced, and with that he turned around completely, sauntering back inside.

"I should probably be going as well," Devyn whispered. "Jaxon and Aria, uh, they want me home early today."

"Oh yeah of course," I scratched behind my neck and stepped aside for her to walk by. Devyn shook her head and switched passed me. My arm must of had a mind of its own because it shot out and grabbed Devyn's. "You aren't leaving without a goodbye ki-kiss are you?"