Chapter 41: So Much For My Happy Ending

Chapter 41

"How could you Ryker Harley?" My mother screamed pacing across our living room, panicky. My eyes followed her entire movements as she fussed.

"Emily, just calm down," My dad chimes rolling his green eyes before facing me once more. "What the fuck were you thinking boy? The police were called, people were arrested, you better be lucky you–"

My parents both continued to yell at me, getting all of their anger out. Eventually I tuned them out and my thoughts wandered towards Devyn and how she was doing. All I wanted to do was throw Devyn her eighteenth birthday without any repercussions. Now she's gonna remember for the rest of her life that Ryker, her boyfriend, sent her to the slammer. Not once did I even tell her happy birthday. Also, my head was throbbing and I honestly felt sick to my stomach.

"I think it'll be best if Ryker lives with you for the rest of senior year." My mom admitted knocking me from my thoughts.

"What? Mom, no." I exclaimed standing upwards, gazing from my father and to my mom. "Dad, you threw parties when you were in high school."

His face dropped. "Son this isn't about me right now."

Frowning I raked my fingers through my sweaty hair. "Dad you live thirty minutes away from my school."

"God gave you legs boy," He teased with a settling smirk.

"Garrett. I'm serious right now." She snapped, slapping my father's bicep aggressively.

"Oh yeah, you're right. Ryker," He paused. "I hope you plan on paying for your mother's front window, her stolen antiques and a new carpet."

Gasping, I raised an eyebrow skeptically. "I don't even have a job. Look, I'm sorry I just wanted to do something for–"

"Enough." My mom spat shaking her head, burying her face into her palm. "Go up to your room, you're grounded for now until I know what to do with you."

"Mom I'll work at McDonalds." I mumbled. "I'll pay for everything."

"Please Ryker." She whispered shushing me and turning away.

Dad sighed, "Just do what your mother said. Just believe you will be paying for all the damages."

Standing upwards I huffed sauntering up to my bedroom. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs, averting my eyes over my shoulder, my dad comforted my mother in a necessary hug. A smile etched at his face aimed directly at me, I tentatively half-smiled, before running upstairs.

My dad seemed proud of me, my mother on the hand, appeared very shocked and agitated. Shutting my door, I jumped onto my bed retrieving my phone seeing the countless amount of videos sent from Jared and Noah.

My brain tingled like a hand that's been sat on for too long. A smirk was playing at the corner of my lips as I sat staring at the videos. The party was a huge success. Aside from the police being called, and my mother's house being demolished. Then I come across a drunken video of Devyn and I kissing, and dancing with people around us.