Chapter 5 - Hurt

I know that Dani keeps talking about Aaron and that he's the reason she moved. You'll find out soon what's happened between them.

*************************************************************************************************************

      Do you ever have the feeling you're being watched? The feeling everyone I'm sure has felt once in their life. You're heart starts beating fast, you begin to feel clamy, and you're breathing becomes shallow. This is what was happening to me. I knew someone was watching. The purr of the car warned me of it's prescence. I picked up my pace and tried to act unsuspicious even though I thought my heart was going to explode from my chest. "Hey," the person from the car yelled and his voice sounded familiar. I looked over my shoulder at the car to see Trenton in the driver's seat. His threat from earlier suddenly played in my head, causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand. "Leave me alone Trenton," I say turning back and speeding up once again. His car rode by and stopped several feet ahead. The car cut off and he stepped out facing me.

      I froze in my spot and kept my distance. I looked around. No cars... just my luck. The woods on the side could be a shortcut to my house but I wouldn't know the way. I was basically trapped and alone with him. "We didn't get to finish our conversation," Trenton said closing the door and taking a couple steps closer. I, in return, took some back. "What do you want?" I asked trying to keep my voice even and show I wasn't freaking out inside. "I told you no one rejects me Danielle. Now are you going to let me show you around the easy way or the hard way?" he replied, his eyes and tone getting darker with every word. My throat went dry and I couldn't speak. My legs wouldn't move anymore. I was too scared to move. Trenton got within a few inches from me. He touched my arm and that seemed to snap something inside me. "I'm not going anywhere with you!" I exclaim jumping back from him feeling the adrenaline pumping through my veins. He glared at me then gave an evil smirk. "So I guess the hard way then," he replied and with that, started his advance. I let out an involuntary yelp and turn towards the woods. Trenton got ahold of me bookbag but it didn't stop me. I slipped it off and he stumbled back. I only looked a second before sprinting for the trees. "Come back here bitch!" I heard him yell.

      The forest floor was dry and my footsteps seemed to be loud, leading Trenton right to me. I felt like he was right behind me. I kept running although my legs were losing energy and my lungs were burning. Every muscle begged me to stop but I couldn't. Images of Aaron popped in my head. I wouldn't let that happen again if I could help it. The trees were beginning to blur as I raced by trying to figure my way home. I could hear Trenton's footsteps close behind. I finally broke through the wall of trees to what was a little opening surrounded by a barracade of trees on all sides. "I'm getting closer," I heard Trenton yell, his voice bouncing off the trees making it hard to distinguish exactly where he was coming from.

      I pushed myself on hoping I was going in the right direction towards home. Where were the guys when I needed them? That's it! I pull out my cell phne to dial Jacob's number when my foot caught on a root sticking from the ground, sending me sprawling to the floor. My phone went flying from my hand. I quickly scrambled to find it but once I found it, it was too late. "Now I've got you," Trenton said kicking me in the side. I let out a scream as I flip to my back to see him standing over me. I try to move myself back but he pins me down with his weight pushing me into the earth. I stuggle against him. "Drop the phone Danielle!" he yelled, taking my wrist and slamming it to the ground repeatedly before I had to let the phone drop because of the pain. "Get off me! Help!" I scream as loud as I can. I kick and swing my arms trying to hit any part of Trenton. The blows didn't effect him. "Shut up," he says, slapping me hard across the face. I cry out in pain but I wouldn't let it stop me. "Please anyone help!" I call again feeling the tears streaming down my face. "I said be quiet," he said hitting me again but instead of a slap, it was a punch that connected with my chin.

       The pain was immense causing me do drift out of conscienceness. I slowly start to lose my will to fight as I felt myself slip farther into the numbness of unconscienceness. No one was coming for me. "You should have just came with me," Trenton exclaimed evilly. He slowly started kissing down my neck. This couldn't be happening. Aaron tried this too but I got away. I'm afraid I won't be able to this time. I cried harder as he started to mess with my shirt, undoing the buttons. I didn't want my first time to be like this with a scumbag trying to force it on me. Trenton went back to kissing down my neck before pulling back to start to undo my belt. I just hoped to be fully out before it went any farther.

      Then loud snarls and growls were heard. The sound startled Trenton who fell to my side. I was too tired and out of it to move. My vision was going in and out now. "What the hell?" I hear Trenton scream and scramble to stand. His footsteps quickly retreated and a loud howl erupted from the woods. If being almost sexually assaulted wasn't horrible enough, now I was going to be killed by a pack of wolves. My new friends and cousin passed through my mind. I came to La Push to escape danger but just ended up in it here. Maybe they would find my body in the coming days and hold a nice funeral for me. I whimpered as I thought of never seeing my parents again. Never being able to hug them and say goodbye. All the stress and abuse was causing me to fall out of reality. Hopefully I'd be completely gone when the wolves descended on me.

      "Dani, are you ok? Dani..." I hear a frantic voice ask. I feel a pair of warm arms wrap themselves under me, pulling me close. Through my blurred vision I see a face. It was Jacob looking down at me worried. I find myself smiling, thinking that this was a dream because no one was going to help me. Before I went totally under, surcoming to the dark, I sigh and all I say is "Thanks for saving me." Then I quietly slipped away.