Chapter 29 - Living For Me [ Final! ]

This is the final chapter!!! Another story written and I loved doing it. I hope everyone enjoyed it has much as I did. Thanks for reading :)

************************************************************************************************************

      When I was a young girl, I used to wonder what my life would be like. I always thought I’d be living in St. Louis with my parents getting ready to go to college. I imagined planning my career, dating a guy or two until I found the one I would marry, and party with my friends. I never in my wildest dreams imagined how it really turned out. I never thought I’d be in an abusive relationship that would threaten my life. I never thought I would live with my cousin and my parents would be forced to move for awhile. It was never in my plans to learn of the supernatural world of vampires and werewolves. I certainly never expected to be dating one. Everything I ever envisioned my life would become has fallen through but I wouldn’t change how it has turned out.

       It has been two months since I came back to La Push. When I first got back, I went straight to Paul’s house. Needless to say, I wasn’t expecting everyone from the pack to be there. My plan had been to drop off my things, hug Paul, and then find Jacob but my plans never seem to go the way I want. When I walked in the front door, I saw everyone but Leah and Jacob congregated in the living room. After I said hey, it was like everything froze. Everyone just stared at me, not saying a word. Then Jacob came into the room. His eyes were wide and frantically searching until they met mine. He looked a bit skinnier, his russet skin didn’t have quite the same glow but he still took my breath away. All it took was a second before he engulfed me in a hug and then everyone was moving. I got several “we missed you” and “you’re back”. I could tell everything would be back to normal soon.

      I got a lot of questions about being back in La Push. Perhaps I should explain. After my fight with my parents, we had a long talk. I told them about my life here, about how I had made great friends, and how much I loved Jacob. Obviously I left out all the supernatural stuff. I didn’t need them thinking I’m crazy plus it wasn’t my secret to tell. They actually remained pretty calm throughout my whole lecture and seemed to be taking everything in.

      Then they did something I wasn’t expecting….they apologized. They actually told me a story about their own problems as a couple that I hadn’t heard before. Both their parents, at first, didn’t want them to date and tried to limit their time together. They would sneak out and lie about where they were going. Eventually their parents gave in and accepted that they loved each other enough to back off. My mom said that she had made a deal with herself to never treat her child like that and yet there she was doing exactly that. I never knew my grandparents once didn’t want my parents together.

      To my surprise next, they gave me the option to move back to La Push if I wanted as long as Paul was ok with it. It took me a second to let it sink in but when it did, I literally tackled them with hugs. I knew they wouldn’t be happy that I was moving away but they’d let me because it’s what I wanted and what made me happy.

      So now here I am. I live with Paul who has become more like a brother then a cousin. The pack and I hang out all the time. You think I’d get sick of them all but I didn’t. And Jacob…well he’s as wonderful as I could hope for. He didn’t leave my side for almost a week straight once I moved back, not that I minded. I had missed him so much and it was pretty obvious he had missed me as well. He got back to his normal, bubbly self really quick. The guys told me about him being depressed while I was gone. I felt bad because it was partially my fault. I tried to apologize but he wouldn’t listen to anything. He never once blamed me. We made an agreement not to discuss our separation and just move on with our lives.

      A warm touch to my hand brought me out of my thoughts. I looked down and saw Jacob’s hand in mine which caused me to smile. We were walking along La Push beach, heading to the spot where we technically first met each other. He wanted to bring me to watch the sun set. Once we reached the spot, he laid out the blanket on the sand then sat down, pulling me down in front of him. I leaned back against his chest and watched as the sun neared the horizon. The light shone blue, pink, and orange against the sky and the water. The water was calm and ran up the sand then disappearing without a trace. The whole scene was beautiful to see.

      “What are you thinking about?” Jacob asked quietly not wanted to disrupt the moment. “I was just thinking about how beautiful the sunset was and how it couldn’t possibly be rivaled,” I replied with a content sigh, relaxing into him further. “I beg to differ,” Jacob said placing a kiss on my temple. I smiled and turned my body around to face him. I put one leg on either side of him, basically sitting in his lap. He stroked his hand softly across my cheek and moved a piece of hair behind my ear. “You are truly beautiful Dani, both inside and out. I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it. You make me a better person and I love everything about you. The way you blush, the way your face lights up when you’re happy, the way your eyes narrow when you’re being serious, everything is perfect. You’re my imprint and I love you, forever and always,” he exclaimed looking straight into my eyes. His eyes held nothing but love and devotion.

      I took both of his hands and put them against mine, so that our hands were palm to palm. I admired the difference in the size and how my lightly tanned skin complimented his russet color flawlessly. “When I first came to La Push, I was broken and didn’t think I could be fixed. I didn’t think I’d trust a guy so easily but you swooped in and stole my heart. I never imagined my life how it has become but I wouldn’t change it for anything. I love the pack and I love you. You knew I had to be fixed and yet you still wanted me. You are everything I could dream about. I didn’t have much but I wanted you to have what was left of me. I love you and can’t wait to see where our lives take us but I know I’ll be ok as long as we’re together,” I finished moving my hands so mine fit his perfectly. He had a grin that would have made my knees weak if I wasn’t already sitting.

      He pulled my hands towards him so that I came closer and our lips connected. I let his hands go and wrapped my arms around his neck while his went around my back. His kisses were always loving but this one held something else, something special. Our lips molded together effortlessly and like everything else, this moment was perfect. “Get a room,” I hear along with a bunch of cat calls. I pull away from Jacob giggling to see the pack walking in our direction with supplies for what looked like a bonfire. “Way to ruin a moment,” Jacob huffed. “Better get used to it I suppose since they are always around,” I said watching the pack set up a little down the beach. “We could always sneak off to be alone,” Jacob smirked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. “Very tempting,” I replied leaning until our lips were almost touching.

      Jacob closed his eyes, anticipating a kiss. “Nope, let’s go,” I declared giving him a slap on the leg and hopping up to my feet. “Tease,” Jacob said getting up and gathering the blanket. “What are you going to do about it?” I asked one eyebrow cocked, hand on my hips and a smirk on my face. “This,” he responded and before I could react, I was thrown over his shoulder. “Jacob Black put me down,” I yelled as he ran toward the others. All I heard was laughter as he continued his run. I sighed, giving up for now. I have a whole lifetime to get him back and I couldn’t wait for it to start.