Chapter 9 - First Times

This chapter is sort of a filler but it sets up what's to come in the next couple of chapters.

***********************************************************************************************************

It wasn't until Friday that Paul let me go back to school. Everyone visited me while I was at home. Jacob brought my work and helped me through it. I loved when he came. I was anxious for the clock to hit 3:30 p.m every day. I knew now that I had a very strong liking for Jacob, maybe even love. Wait, what was I saying? I have only known him for a couple of weeks and here I am saying I could love the boy. Sometimes I really question my sanity. I just hope I wasn't too obvious to Jacob. I wouldn't want him to think I was wierd. He hadn't tried to kiss me again since that night but I thought about it constantly. How close we had been, the want to feel his lips pressed to mine. Should I kiss him? Should he make the first move? I just didn't know.

I sat at our lunch table, eating and goofing off like always. Luckily none of the gang had been treating me different since I had let them in on my past. As I looked around the cafeteria, I couldn't help but look in the direction of Trenton's table. Needless to say I was more then surpirised to see him with a prominent black eye and swollen lip. "What happened to Trenton's face?" I asked turning back to face the guys. They all dropped their heads, seemingly preoccupied by their food. Even Kim didn't look at me. "Guys?" I say looking at each one of them. I stopped at Seth , who I knew would cave in and tell me. He looked up at me and sighed. "Well we couldn't just let him get away with almost....you know," Seth answered, rubbing the back of his neck. I about spit my drink out. "You guys beat him up?" I screamed in a whisper. "Just scared him real good with some threats. It was mostly Jake anyway," Quil said. I looked over at Jacob who was glaring at Quil. If looks could kill. I could see his cheeks grow a little darker and he shrugged with a weak smile. How adorable, I thought. "Well thank you guys but you could get in serious trouble. You are huge and easily could've killed him," I state taking a bite of my sandwich. "We'll be fine and he deserved it. Actually he deserved much more," Jacob growled, glaring over at Trenton who once spotted us made his exit.

My heart swelled a little. The guys actually cared. They were the best I could ask for. I finally felt like I was where I needed to be with these people. "On a lighter note, do you want to go to the beach after school...maybe cliff diving?" Embry asked. All the guys agreed and some even high fived. "Beach yes but I don't know about the cliff part," I say. I'm not sure flinging myself off a cliff into unknown waters was such a good idea. "Don't worry, you don't have too. I never do so you can tan with me. The weather outside is pretty nice today," Kim exclaimed probably excited to have another girl to tan with. I gave her a small smile. I didn't mind tanning but I wasn't a girl that layed there the whole time. The bell rang shortly after to end lunch and we all went our separate ways, deciding to meet at the beach later.

How do I get myself into these things? I thought looking over the edge of the cliff. The water below looked black and choppy from where I was standing. After school, Jacob had taken me home to get my bathing suit and now I had literally been carried up to the top of this huge cliff by Paul. Paul had better watch himself. This was strike two. "You don't have to jump Dani," Jacob said from behind me making me jump back from the ledge. I didn't want him or the other guys, but especially him, to think I was a coward. "Yeah just go tan with Kim," Jared laughed as some of the others made chicken noises at me. I cocked an eyebrow at him anf sent him a glare that was hopefully intimidating. "Maybe you boys just don't want me to show you up. I'm jumping," I say backing up to give myself a running start.

I tried to keep a brave face but I'm pretty sure they could all tell I was scared. I took a deep breath before sprinting towards the drop and throwing myself off. I let out a scream as the wind whooshed by my body hurtling towards the waters below. My adrenaline was pumping now and I was actually enjoying myself. I loved the feeling and let out a holler of joy before crashing into the water. The water was cold as I plummeted deeper into it's depths. I opened my eyes but all I could see was the dark blue of the water. I broke through the surface a few seconds later to the sound of cheering. I waved up at the guys who were clapping.

When I turn away from the cliif, a wave pounded me into the water. It spun me around and around making it hard to see. I frantically tried to swim up but I didn't know if I was gong the right way. The spiraling of the waves was sucking me further and further in. Water was seeping into my mouth and engulfing my lungs as I struggled to find the surface. Oh god please don't let me die, I prayed feeling myself lose energy. I suddenly felt a warm hand grab my wrist. I held on tight as I was yanked up. Once I broke the surface of the water, I coughed and gasped for air. I took some deep breaths to fill my lungs as whoever saved me swam us both away from the cliif. The person wrapped their arms around my waist and let me compose myself. I wiped my eyes and looked to see who had me. It was Jacob.

My stomach erupted in butterflies as I realized how close our bodies were with his arms around me and my hands resting on his biceps. "You alright?" he asked concerned. "Yeah the wave just surprised me, " I responded with a smile. This had been the second time he had saved me. It was becoming a habit, not that I minded. "Sorry you have to keep saving me," I state with a laugh. "Anytime," he replied, laughing as well but I could tell he meant it. We floated there for a few minutes hearing the faint yells of the others jumping from the cliff, enjoying each other's company. "Jacob, you're still holding me," I exclaim, looking into his eyes. "I know," he said.

The scene from the other night played in my head. His eyes intensely stared back into mine and my heart kicked into overdrive when he started to lean closer to me. I never wanted anyone to kiss me more then this very moment. He was going to slow for my liking though so I met him halfway, crushing my lips to his. It was absolutely everything that I expected and more. His lips were warm and soft as they molded with mine. I wrapped my legs instinctively around his waist and my arms curled around his neck, letting my fingers mess in his hair. His arms tightened around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. My head was spinning as we continued the kiss. It was by far the best kiss I had ever had.

Suddenly Jacob loosened his grip and pulled away. I untangled myself from him. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have," I quickly say feeeling a blush coming and turning my face away. He put a finger under my chin and turned my head so I was once again looking at him. "No, I've wanted to do that for awhile but we need to talk about something first," he said seriously. It kind of made me nervous. "Ok what?" I reply waiting for him to say what was on his mind. "Not here. Come with me," he said releasing his grip and pulling me to shore. I looked at the beach and noticed that everyone was packing up. "Shouldn't we tell them?" I ask pointing to the group. "No its ok," he replied taking my hand and leading me to the edge of the woods near the beach. I had kissed Jacob a minute ago and was exstatic. Now, why did I all of a sudden feel sick to my stomach?