Chapter 16 - Enemy Plans

OK! It was a pretty big cliffhanger last chapter and this one will have another one.

**********************************************************************************************************

       Do you ever feel as though you're having an out-of-body experience? Like you're just watching everything unfold from a different place? Jacob stared at me, waiting for a response but my brain shut down. It was as if I forgot how to speak. This vampire was here for a reason and it was just made clear that it had something to do with me. But why? "Me?" I gulped visibly. I hadn't realized I was slghtly shaking from fear. "Don't worry Dani, I don't know why he wants you there but no matter what, nothing is going to happen to you. I won't let it," Jacob says pulling me into him and rubbing my back.

      I buried my face in his chest and breathed in his scent, instantly calming me down. "Now Sam told me to bring you. I want you to never be fully in front of me. That bloodsucker isn't getting near you," he says pulling me away from him to look down at me. I nod and grab my jacket before following him out of the house. I slipped my jacket on then looked expectantly at Jacob. " How we going to get there?" I asked. He nodded his head toward his back. "Hop on babe," he states. I smile at him even though inside I'm freaking out. Not about being so close to Jacob, I love that, but about the fact we were heading toward a meeting where a vampire wanted me before he told us his motivation for being here. I took a running start and jumped on Jacob's back. He made an umph noises as I wrapped my legs around his waist with my arms around his neck. Being this close to his overheated body made me seriously rethink the jacket I had put on. "Hold on," he said back to me. I laid my head on his back as he began to run into the woods.

      He ran fast and gracefully. The forest flew by as I watched. The forest was unnerving because there was no sound. No animals were moving, no twigs were being snapped, no birds were chirping, just complete and utter silence except for my and Jacob's breathing. Jake's heartbeat remained steady as he ran however mine was going haywire as we closed in on our destination. I felt him slow until coming to a complete stop. He let me down but immediately took my hand in his. He walked a few feet and that's when I saw them. Most of the guys were in wolf form except for Sam. There was a group of others who were really pale but very good looking. These must be the Cullens, I thought. Two of them, a dark-haired guy who was really buff and a wavy-haired blonde one, were restraining the vampire in question. He had a well groomed beard that fit him and his hair was a dark brown that stopped at the top of his ears. His skin was just as pale as the Cullens' but a certain creepy air floated around him. The two Cullen boys had him kneeling, holding him by the arms. To me it didn't look like very good restraints but what did I know?

      The wolves and Cullens had the three completely surrounded so if he broke free, he wouldn't escape. Sam and an older looking blonde Cullen stood in front of them. As Jake and I approached, all eyes turned toward us. The vampire that was detained looked right at me. Unlike the Cullen's, his eyes were blood red and chilled me to the bone while his smirk set off a whole other red flag. Jacob kept me protectively behind him as we came to a stop next to Sam. He gave Jacob a nod and then turned to the vampire. "She's here now leech," Sam spoke with a growl and a look on his face that I'd never seen.

       "And so she is," he replied sarcastically. His voice was like ice; It pierced me like a knife. Jacob and Paul let out a snarl before being silenced. "Now why have you come and what is your name?" the blonde man next to Sam asked. "Well Carlisle, my name is Garrett and I'd just thought I'd drop in to take in the beautiful scenery of Forks. Don't act surprised that I know you. In fact, I know everyone's name here. I even know about your little family member's powers. I'm good at my job," he mocked with an evil smirk. "So you've come here on some job. What was it?" Sam continued the questions. Garrett tilted his head to the side, popping his neck before resting his eyes on me. My breath caught as he smiled at me. " I came to watch her and find your weaknesses then report back," he finally replied with a sickening sweet voice.

       I gasped before being pushed almost completely behind Jacob as the wolves let out growls. "You aren't going anywhere near her," Jacob snapped, clinching his fists by his side. I peeked out from behind him only slightly just to see Garrett let out a laugh. None of the Cullens moved but I could see them tense. "What's so funny leech?" Jacob demanded, starting to tremble. Garrett was provoking them all but I don't understand him. He was captured. The guys were going to kill him and yet he was laughing in our faces. "You are all pathetic. You're all gathered on my behalf, and believe me it's an honor, but you shouldn't be worried about me. You should be concerned by what's coming. It's greater then anything you could ever imagine," Garrett managed to say after calming down. "What's coming? What are you talking about?" Sam asked, standing defensively. "You'll see soon enough and you will all die if you stand in my leader's way. He wants is Daisy back," he replied, shooting a knowing look at me.

      My heart literally stopped. The air around me plunged down in temperature or at least that's how it felt. I brushed past Jacob, forgeting what he said previously at the house, and stood inches in front of him. "What did you just say?" I asked in a shaky voice. Garrett smirked and then started singing, slowly and menacingly,

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you..."

My breathing became ragged as he sang. Memories flooded my brain and felt as if they were suffocating me. "Stop," I said in more of a raspy whisper but I knew everyone heard me.

"...It won't be a stylish marriage.
I can't afford a carriage..." he continued, enjoying the pain it was causing me.

I put my hands over my ears, shaking my head. "Shut up!" I yelled, falling to my knees with tears coming fast and hard. "Stop! What are you doing to her?" I heard Jacob scream and drop beside me.

"...But you look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two," Garrett finished before sneering and letting out a low chuckle.

      My head was spinning at all that was happening. He has found me. How could he know? What about my parents? He was coming and I had put everyone in danger. "Make him stop!" I screamed as the laughter increased. All of a sudden, it stopped. I breathed deep as if whatever hold Garrett had on me was released as the two Cullen boys that held him tore him apart. I heard the crackling of a fire nearby but all I could focus on was the sobs rolling through me. "What's wrong with her?" I heard Seth ask, everyone crowding around me as I was on my hands and knees. "I can't read her mind. It's too hazy to decipher," I heard one if the Cullen boys say. "Her emotions are going crazy, she's barely registering any of my calming," the wavy-haired blonde one said. I felt Jacob's warm hand clutch my shoulder and try to turn me. "Danielle, tell us what's going on," he demanded with worry thick in his voice.

      I could feel myself swaying as my fear was causing my body to feel weak. "He's coming," I say, trying to stay still. "Who's coming?" Paul asked kneeling down beside me too. I squeezed my eyes shut, letting more tears escape before looking at everyone. They all looked either bewildered, scared, worried, or concerned as their full attention was on me. The fire light casted eerie shadows among the trees and the faces around me. I took a breath to calm my voice but it still cracked as I managed to say between cries, "Aaron.