Chapter 17 - Cullens & Decisions

So some of you might have been confused about Garrett singing the song but it'll be explained in this chapter. Did any of you see Aaron coming? Probably, but oh well!!

***********************************************************************************************************

 Daisies.

      That is my favorite flower or at least it was. When I was dating Aaron, he found out that I liked them. He gave me some on dates and just to make me feel better. He even gave me the nickname Daisy because I liked them so much. When things started going downhill in our relationship, I came tro hate anything dealing with the flower. I can’t stand to look at a daisy or hear the nickname without bringing back memories of Aaron.

       “Only Aaronhas ever called me that. It has to be him,” I explained after telling the Cullens about Aaron and the daisy situation. “But if he is behind this, then he has to be a vampire or he’d be sucked dry by now,” Sam said, leaning against the wall of the Cullen’s living room. All the Cullens were spread around the room. Jacob, Paul, and Sam were the only pack members present. The others were patroling around the area to keep a look out for anything suspicious. After I had calmed down in the woods, they brought me here to discuss what our next move would be. Jacob had been unusually quiet as he sat with his arm around my waist. He was thinking hard about something and I bet everyone could guess that it dealt with me. “It seems this Aaron is coming for Danielle and he’s undoubtily going to bring allies,” Carlisle stated with his arms crossed over his chest.

       When we arrived at the house, the Cullens all introduced themselves to me. Carlisle and Esme were the ‘parents’ of the group. They were both very kind and made me feel comfortable, even though I was in a house full of vampires. Then there was Alice and Jasper. They were complete opposites but perfect for each other. Alice was bubbly and obviously obsessed with shopping. She’s already asked me if I’d like to go and I haven’t even known her for an hour. On the other hand, Jasper doesn’t talk much and keeps his distance from me. Jacob told me he was the newest addition to the Cullen clan. I knew about their powers as well. Emmett scared me a little but he joked around a lot. Rosalie was pretty but didn’t seem to like me by the glares I received. Bella was pretty as well. She was nice but I still felt some resentment to how she had hurt Jacob. Edward was kind of mysterious and I knew he read minds so I tried my hardest to block my thoughts.

      “Sam is right. Aaron has to be a vampire in order to associate with them,” Edward agreed from beside Bella on the couch. Aaron as a human was bad but add in vampire and a possible power and he was terrifying. “ Looks like another fight is on our hands. I’m in,” Emmett said excitedly. I smiled at Emmett’s enthusiasm until I heard a scoff from Rosalie and the smile dropped. “Another fight? We don’t even really know this human. We’re risking our lives for another pathetic girl,” Rosalie sneered in my direction. Jacob let out a deep growl next to me. “Watch it Blondie,” Paul snapped. “Rosalie, the wolves have helped us out when we needed them. We have to help them,” Bella exclaimed taking hold of Edward’s hand. “Bella’s right, we’ll have Alice watch Danielle’s future,” Carlisle said glancing at Alice. “It’ll be hard because she’s around the pack but I’ll try,” she replied looking between me and Jacob with a reassuring smile. I knelt my head and looked at my hands in my lap.

      I felt like I was such a troublemaker for everyone. Because I came to La Push, I had put everyone here in danger. No one knows what Aaron is capable of as a vampire. It was a dangerous situation for all of them, even if they were vampires or shapeshifters. Someone could get hurt because of me. I couldn’t let that happen. Not because of me. “I can’t let you do this,” I stated quietly. All eyes turned on me. “What are you talking about?” Jacob questioned from beside me. I looked around at all the people before dropping my head again. “It’s my fault Aaron is coming and I can’t let you risk your lives protecting me,” I say. I could feel Jake start to slightly tremble beside me. “Dani, you’re a part of us. We’re going to fight to keep you and everyone else safe,” Paul said dropping to a knee beside me.“I won’t let you. This isn’t you’re fight,” I said looking over at Paul. He was worried about me, I could understand that but if they fought I’d be worried to death about them. There’s no way Jacob or Paul would let me anywhere near the fight. “What do you mean this isn’t our fight?” Jacob yelled, standing up in front of me. “Aaron and whoever else is with him is coming here for me. It would kill me if you went to fight and someone was injured or worse,” I respond looking up at Jacob, feeling my voice rise.

      The Cullens remained silent, watching us explode from within. “Are you completely insane or just stupid? I won’t just stand by while some vampire tries to get to you! You’re my imprint and I’m not going to sit around and watch you die,” Jacob continued to yell, shaking harder. The fire in his eyes burned bright and intense. My anger was building as well. I didn’t like being yelled at and especially in front of a lot of people. The only thing my mind was telling me was to yell back. “I’m not stupid Jacob Black! I love you and the rest of the guys. That’s why I don’t want you to fight,” I exclaim getting up to stand in front of his shaking form. He had never talked to me like that or looked at me with such anger but I hoped it was at the position we were all in. “You’re impossible,” Jacob screamed throwing his hands up in the air. “You don’t know Aaron like I do. You don’t know how dangerous he can be,” I reason trying to calm myself down so we wouldn’t get out of hand in the Cullen’s living room. “I can be dangerous too,” Jacob growled lowly, darkly. If I wasn’t so taken aback by his behavior and possible a little bit scared, it would have been incredibly sexy. He was shaking horribly, almost ready to shift and I was standing to close. “Outside now!” Sam commanded taking control of the situation. Jacob snarled lowly at him before storming out of the Cullen house.

       I slumped back down in the seat and put my head in my hands. “We’re going to go make sure he’s alright and check on the others. You’ll be safe here,” Paul said giving me a kiss on the head before walking outside with Sam. The Cullens began to stir after a few minutes. Carlisle and Esme went to the kitchen, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, and Jasper went to hunt since it was getting later, and Edward stayed seated across from me with Bella. “I’m sorry we blew up like that,” I finally muttered shamefully, looking up at them. “It’s ok. Jacob has always had fight in him,” Bella said with a smile. I returned it half-heartedly. “He really cares for you Danielle and you should have known that he’d fight to protect you,” Edward said. I sighed and sat back in my seat. “I know. He and the rest of the guys would do anything to have the reservation safe. Any of them or one of you could get killed. I mean we have no idea what Aaron has planned or if he has a power like you guys,” I said feeling exhausted from my day. “But Dani, we are going to fight. It’s a threat to our lives too. I was in a situation like your’s a few years ago. I know what it’s like to worry or feel like a burden or like you can’t help at all but I learned that they were going to fight whether I wanted them to or not. It’s love I learned to accept and so will you,” Bella said comfortingly. I just nod in response. “Don’t worry Dani, we are vampires and werewolves. We don’t break so easily,” Edward spoke softly trying to lighten up my mood.I send him a smirk. They both give me a parting smile before disappearing up the stairs.

       I sat alone in the living room thinking. They were right. They were going to fight even if I hated the idea. I would just have to deal with it when the time comes. I could stuggle against it but then I’d be fighting for the rest of my life. Jacob loves me as much as I love him and he’d protect me with his life. I just wanted to know what Aaron was planning…to know what I needed to be afraid of.

Aaron’s POV

       I sat watching as my followers caused mayhem in downtown St. Louis. These followers weren’t newborns but loved to cause a scene. That would come in use when we go to La Push to pay Dani a visit. “Aaron,” I heard behind me. I turned my head to the side to see my first recruit Anthony standing there. “Garrett has been killed by the La Push mutts and the Cullens. I slipped through,” he spoke cautiously.

       My smile faltered but only for a second. “Well, this is unwelcome news but none the less, the plan will continue,” I exclaim, turning fully to him. “But Aaron, the Cullens plan on fighting with the wolves against us,” Anthony stated. I held my hand up to silence his blabbing. “Doesn’t matter. We will kill them as well as the wolves. It’ll add more of a torture to little Dani,” I began turning back toward the scene in front of us. “Don’t forget Anthony, we know everything about them. Their strengths, their weaknesses, everything. They have no idea what we’re capable of. We have the power of surprise in more ways than one,” I finished with a smirk. Danielle was going to pay for what happened between us only a month ago and I was going to enjoy her pain.