Chapter 6 - Save

In this chapter, it's Jacob's POV of what happened last chapter. I just want to let you know how he was feeling.

****************************************************************************************************************

Jacob's POV

      "She should be back by now," I rant, pacing back and forth looking at the clock. The guys and I had arrived at Paul's house fifteen minutes ago. Danielle should have arrived at the most ten minutes after us. "Dude she's fine. Probably just walking slow or something. You know how girls are about nature," Quil reasoned, throwing a ball in the air and catching it. I ground my teeth together to keep from pummeling him. I felt myself beginning to shake slightly. I knew something was up and no one was taking it seriously. It was my gut feeling. She's my imprint and all the guys would be up in arms if she was their's.

       I took deep breathes to stop the tremors before looking over at Paul. I could tell my ranting was worrying him. Good, at least someone other then me is worried now. "Jake, calm down. All your pacing is making me dizzy," I hear Embry mumble."Ahh! I just know something's wrong. It doesn't take this long to walk from school to here. What if something happened to her and we are just sitting here on our asses," I yell, making my stomach lurch. If something happened to her, I would never be able to forgive myself. I just got her and I don't want to lose her. "Why don't you try to call her Paul? Put Jacob out of his misery," Jared said patting me on the back. I look over at Paul who just nods and leaves the room with his cell phone already dialing her number. I put my head in my hands.

       The wait for Paul to return is excruciating. I felt like the anticipation was literally going to kill me. All the guys were goofing off around me and their carelessness was really making me angry. I should've just kicked the guys out of the car and just brought Danielle home. I hear Paul's footstep walking back into the room. I lift my head to see Paul's face portraying worry and fear. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach and the blood drained from my face. "What? What is it Paul?" I ask standing and walking over to him. He didn't answer right away and the rest of the guys grew quiet. My heart was thumping hard as the silence lingered. My fears were being realized. "Paul!" I scream balling my fists at my side. I needed to know what was going on and I needed to know now.

       "She didn't answer. She always picks up when I call. I think you're right Jacob," he finally spoke. My breath hitched a little before I closed my eyes and felt myself trembling agsin. "Let's split up. Quil, Embry, Jared take the north. The rest of us will take the south. Howl if--" Sam was commanding but I couldn't hold it anymore. I was out the door before he even finished. I burst into my wolf form once I was outside. I had to find her. "Slow down Jake," Sam spoke in my mind. "I can't. We have to get to her. I swear if she's hurt or something, I'll-" I replied but was interrupted by Paul snarling. "It's your fault Jake! You let her walk home alone," he barked. It took everything in me not to turn around but the pull to find Dani was stronger. "Shut up Paul. He didn't know anything was going to happen," I heard Seth's voice reverberate through my head. "Thanks Seth," I mumble still pushing my legs to run faster. Sam and Paul caught up with me quickly enough and we ran along the forest that heads to the school.

      My eyes spotted a car parked on the side of the road. It was Trenton's car. The incident in school earlier played through my mind letting the rest of the pack see."Why didn't you intervene?" Paul growled. "I didn't know anything went down and she said it was nothing," I exclaim feeling stupid for not realizing it sooner. I'm so stupid! "Well it has something to do with this I bet," Jared said while Embry and Quil followed him to come back to us. Then I smelled it. Danielle's intoxicating scent was strong here along with Trenton's. I looked around and on the ground near the woods was her backpack. "I smell her," I say. "I do too," Sam said. I was going to destroy Trenton. "Follow the scent," Sam ordered.

      We were all on the move now following the interwining scents. We reached an opening shortly and stopped. There they were. Trenton was on top of her. He was kissing her, touching her. He had his grimy hands on my imprint. She was crying and I heard a whimper escape her lips. A snarl exploded from my throat, accompanied by Paul. Everyone else soon joined in with growling. Trenton heard us and jumped off her. We slowly crept out of the tree line in partial view of him. I 'm pretty sure our faces were mean because he started freaking off. "What the hell?!" I heard him yell then take off running. I bared my teeth and set myself to attack, ready to start after him. "Jake calm yourself. Scare him only," Sam demanded taking off after Trenton letting out a loud howl. The others followed but I shifted instead. I put on my shorts and ran to Danielle.

      She looked bad. Her clothes were messed up, her hair was disheveled, and her face was tear stained and swollen. "Dani, are you ok? Dani..." I questioned frantically kneeling down beside her and wrapping my arms around her. I picked her up and held her close. Tears were starting to form in my eyes as I looked at my imprint. "Thanks for saving me," I heard her say softly. She gave me a small smile before completely blacking out and going limp in my arms. My heart clinched at the sound of her broken voice and beaten body. The others returned in their human forms. Paul ran up to me. "I think she's ok," I said feeling myself shake a little. "Give her to me," Paul exclaimed. I reluctantly do so. "Don't worry, we'll get Carlisle to come check her out," Sam reassured us. I didn't want that leech anywhere near her but I would have to deal with it. Carlisle was a good guy, even if he was a vampire.

      The guys look somberly at Danielle before Paul starts to head back in the direction of his house. The others slowly followed after. "It's going to be ok Jacob," Seth spoke as he passed, laying a hand on my shoulder. I stared at him for a minute and nodded. So many thoughts bunched in my head. I was an idiot for letting her walk alone. I should have been with her. This shouldn't have happened. I'm supposed to protect her and so far I was doing a shitty job. I would deal with Trenton later and it'd be for Danielle. With that thought, I stuck my hands in my pockets and walked after the others to Paul's house.