Chapter 14 - Disturbance in the Woods

So at the end of this chapter we see an unknown point of view. Wh odo you think it is? I know! :)

************************************************************************************************************

      I awoke the next morning to a clear sky. It was no longer raining as per La Push weather, instead the sun shone brightly through my still open window. The sound of Paul's snoring echoed around the upstairs bedrooms signaling that it was still early in the morning. I slowly got up and made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. I scrummaged around in the fridge and found some milk and bacon as well as pancake mix. I began cooking as many batches as I could, not exactly sure how much Paul would eat or if the other boys would show up.

      The plate was piled high with pancakes and bacon when I finally heard Paul making his way down the stairs. "Something smells good. Should I be worried? What do you want?" he questioned sitting tentively at the table. "I just thought you'd like some breakfast and I'm in a good mood," I say placing a huge plate of food in front of him. "So I take it everyting worked out with Jacob?" he said eyeing me with a smirk. I smiled and turned back to the stove to hide a blush. "Maybe," I reply. "Well thanks for the food Dani," he exclaimed beginning to dig in. I laughed at how he shoveled the food in his mouth when Jacob, Quil, and Embry walked in. Jacob immediately came over to wrap his arms around my waist and gave me an amazing but short kiss that made me warm all over. "Come on, I'm eating," Paul complained with his mouth full. "Yeah and can you tell Jacob to stop thinking about you all the time while we're on patrol? Pictures upon pictures playing over and over in all of our minds," Embry said putting food on a plate that I placed in front of him. "Shut up guys," Jacob demanded, hitting Quil over the head when he started laughing. I just shook my head at the boys as they chowed down and I cleaned the dishes.

       "So what's up for today?" I asked coming up behind Jacob and wrapping my arms around his shoulders while placing a kiss on his cheek. "Well, I could think of a few things but it's whatever you want to do," Jacob exclaimed leaning back in his chair against me. I thought about what could be going through his mind and held back a shiver. It was Sunday so most of the stores were closed. I really didn't want to go swimming even though the up turn of weather today. Then an idea hit me. "Can I see you guys as wolves?" I asked, measuing how they would react. They all turned to me and gave me confused looks. Time to explain myself. "I mean, last time I saw Jacob as a wolf wasn't exactly a peachy experience. I just want to see so I can get used to it. Please?" I say giving them all the puppy dog eyes. No one could resist it back home, not even the tough guys. Hopefully, it'd still work here."Fine just stop with the face," Paul finally agreed. I jumped up and down, letting out a squeal of triumph.The guys just laughed as I went upstairs to change from my pjs.

      Once I was ready and downstairs, Jacob appeared and grabbed my hand, pushing me into a side hallway. I could hear the others in the living room watching tv. "You know that was kinda sexy when you used those puppy dog eyes to get your way," he said in a huskier voice and placing kisses down my neck. It was very tempting and I mean very. "Down boy...I still want to see the wolves," I manage to say in the calmest voice I could. I could feel him smile against my neck. I got out of his grasp and walked past him into the living room. "Lets go boys," I say as the guys stand up.They all made their way outside. Jacob came up beside me, taking my hand again, and lead me after the guys into the woods. It seemed like we walked forever when we finally came upon a huge field.

      The opening was massive and trees sprouted up all around us. "Whoa, this place is incredible. How did you guys find this place?" I ask looking around. "We've fought a couple times with the Cullens here," Quil explained matter of factly. "So the Cullens are the vampires of Forks," I state turning to them. They nod in response. How many fights have they had, I wondered to myself. "We'll be right back," Jacob said while he and the others walked back into the woods. The next thing I see is four wolves walk out. They were just as big as I remembered. They all had different colored fur. I stared at them, trying to figure out which one was exactly the guys. "Let's see, you are Paul," I say pointing to a grey wolf. He barked and licked up my face. "Eww Paul!" I yelled wiping my face with my sleeve. "And I bet you're Quil and Embry," I state pointing to each wolf who nods their head in approval. "That must mean you are Jacob," I exclaim turning to a russet colored one who came up to me. I ran my hand through his fur. Then he pushes me with his head and I stumble to the ground. "Hey," I say getting back up to my feet. They were all laughing as only wolves can. I go up and push them but it doesn't work well. We start to play around. They push to me, I try to get them back, and then it starts over again. Eventually we started to chase each other with the guys sniping at my ankles. "Come on slow pokes," I yelled running from the four wolves that were right behind me, obviously not running at full speed.

       Then all of a sudden the wolves freeze. I stop, catching my breath, and turn around with confusion. I see them go rigid, hair standing on end, and hear them growl deep in their throats. "What's wrong guys?" I question walking back towards their still bodies. They meet me halfway and begin to circle around me, keeping their eyes on the woods. I started to become afraid. What Jacob told me about vampires played in my mind. I looked through the trees all around me, trying to see anything. Then Quil, Embry, and Paul took off into the woods, letting out howls as they went. After they disappeared from sight, I turned to see Jacob jogging back up to me in human form and shorts. If I wasn't so scared, I would have liked this alone time. I could tell he was still tense as he came up to me.

     "Jacob, what's wrong? What's going on?" I say walking up to him and placing my hands on his chest. "We smelled an unfamiliar scent and they just went to check it out," he replied looking down at me, his eyes softening a little. "What do we do?" I ask, hugging myself to him, feeling safer in his arms. "Let's get you home," he responds, kissing the top of my head then leading me back into the woods, never taking his arm from around my waist. I hope the others will be ok, I thought as I pushed myself closer to Jacob and we made our way to my house.

Unknown POV

     Look at those stupid mutts playing with the human. Danielle I believe he said her name was. She smelled mouthwatering but he was clear not to kill her or her mutts. That was saved for him and him alone. How he could resist just killing her dogs and her was beyond my comprehension. I've been watching them for days now. The leader won't be happy that she and the russet mutt are in love. He'll take great pleasure in killing him but for now, he has me just watching, taking notes. I'm surprised we even found her, but by luck we caught her scent leaving St. Louis. He'll be happy to get her back. The wolves then stopped running and tensed up. I knew they would eventually smell me but it's ok, I've seen what I needed too. It's time to go and tell of what I've found. We'll be back soon and in time, our coven will get revenge on this....Danielle. Her mutts will be a plus and a complication. With that last thought, I began my journey back to St. Louis.