Chapter 12

A/N: it is still Hunter's POV, and I can't fricking believe this story is almost at 1k reads! I've been writing this book for a month or two only and it's almost at 1k 😭 thank you guys so much! I love you all! 💖 and please feel free to vote if you liked this chapter, enjoy! (:
• - • - • - • - •

After Jason had not hung up too long ago, I sat there on my bed waiting for a call from Maria. What if Jason never told Maria to call me back after eating breakfast?

Soon enough, I felt my phone vibrating and checked who it was, Maria. I waited a bit so it didn't seem like I was waiting for her call then answered.

"Hello?" she said.

"Hey," I replied.

"Firstly; why did you want me to call you? Secondly; how did you get my number?" she asked. I like how that was the first thing she asked..

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, and how I got your number is not authorized, sorry." I replied.

"Well, I'm fine. Jason's been taking good care of me since last night, I was really tired after last night to be honest." Maria replied.

Again with the 'really tired'! I really wanted to ask if they did it, but at the same time I don't. I may not like the reply.

"Why were you so tired?" I asked.

She stayed silent for a little while before replying to me.

"I had a lot to drink last night, and so much dancing. It's tiring." she replied.

What kind of dancing? 🌞

"Ah, okay. That's all I wanted to know, to check up on you. So yeah, bye." I replied, she was gonna say 'bye' but I hung up before she had the chance too.

I laid down on my bed and started staring at the ceiling, I just can't help but wonder what Maria and Jason are doing at his house.. Maybe driving her home? Or cuddling.. She looked really interested in him when we had that water balloon fight.

She had that sparkle in her eyes, and I just couldn't help but notice it. The point is, I can't stop thinking about her. Just.. who is this girl? And why am I so into her? She was only here for a few days, and I here I was so into her. But she's into someone else for sure, oh, how unfair life can be...