Chapter 24

QUINN'S POV:

I was just sitting in English class, when in the corner of my eye I saw Karina, aka the new student. She sat in the middle, while I sat way in the back trying not to get called on.

"Okay class, don't forget to study for your quiz tomorrow, and goodbye!" Ms. Fredrick mentioned as everyone exited the classroom.

I packed my stuff up quickly and then went up to Karina to talk too her, but by the time I was done packing, she was already heading towards the door. So out of instinct, I called out to her, "Karina!"

She stopped and looked back at me as I quickly ran up and walked beside her.

"Hey, Quinn, right?" she questioned.

"Yeah," I replied.

"What's up?" she asked with a small smile.

"So, you and Hunter.." I mentioned. "What's up with you two now?" I asked.

"Hm, nothing special. I just happen to still have feelings for him whilst he has moved on already," she replied.

"What's the story between you two?" I asked.

"I liked him before, and he liked me. We both knew we liked each other, but we never dated so when we actually dated our relationship would be strong." she replied. "But then.. he moved. And everything changed, we lacked a lot of communication when he moved. Plus, I was the only one trying to keep our friendship intact.. but, communication goes both ways and we just lost it." Karina replied and shrugged.

"Wow, so Hunter stopped communicating with you when he moved away?" I asked.

She nodded slowly and stayed quiet for a little before speaking, "..it's almost as if the feelings we had for each other meant nothing to him anymore." she replied with a hint if sadness in her tone.

HUNTER'S POV:

"Hey, what's up Hunterrr, buddy!" Ryder called out as I shot him a glare. "Come on, we're friends aren't we?" he asked.

"Not after that stunt you tried to pull on Maria awhile back," I replied.

"Hey now, that's in the past. Let's leave it in the past, yeah?" Ryder asked.

"Yeah-- no," I replied.

"I mean, I'm even trying to help you win Maria over. Not really help, more like give you advice. But you just don't take it," he replied sighing dramatically.

"Why would I take advice from someone who uses girls for their own entertainment?" I asked.

"Because, I'm pretty sure I've experienced being 'in love' with someone more than you." he replied. "That's right, I've been in love before." he added.

"How do you expect me to believe you?" I asked.

"I never said you had too, you believing what I say is entirely up to you. But what I'm saying is true," Ryder replied.

"Oh yeah, when Jason and Maria starts dating.. let me know. I can hook you up with someone to help you get your mind off her." he chuckled before leaving.

MARIA'S POV:

"What do you want for your birthday?" Jason asked. "I know it's coming soon." he chuckled followed by a soft smile.

"For my birthday?" I asked. "Honestly, I don't want anything else besides being with my friends." I replied with a small chuckle.

"By friends, do you mean your friends here or.. your friends from your old school?" he asked.

"In all honesty, I think both would be nice. But, their all too far from here." I sighed.

-----

Jason and I walked around the school together, and when we did we saw Quinn and someone that didn't look familiar at all.

Quinn saw me, and she looked excited, as if she wanted to introduce me to the supposedly new girl.

"Maria! There's someone I want to introduce you too!" she called as Jason and I stopped for her and the girl to catch up.

Soon, they had finally caught up.

"Maria, this is Karina. She's new here, and also one of Hunter's old friends." Quinn said.

"Nice to meet you Maria, but please. Call me Kari for short," Karina smiled offering her hand for me to shake.

"It's nice to meet you too Karina," I replied with a smile shaking her hand.

Then, Hunter came up from behind of them.

"Ah, I see you two finally met." Hunter said looking at both Karina and I.

"I think me and Maria will get along just fine," Karina replied with a smile.

• - • - • - • - •
• - • - • - •
A/N: they'll get along fine until Karina finds out!!! MWUAHAHA, oops, spoilers sorry 😅 anyways, thank you guys for reading! please comment & vote what you liked about this chapter. i did 3 different POV's, YAAAY! also, i plan on adding some music to specific chapters just to emphasize how the character feels about something or a specific person..! (: