Chapter 45

"Maria." I said glancing over at her then back at the road.

"Yeah?" she asked, I could feel her eyes on me.

"I think it's time for me to tell you." I replied.

"Tell me what?" she asked curiously.

"About my family being incomplete." I replied. "You should at least know, after all, you are the closest person to me." I added.

"I'm all ears if you're ready to tell me," she replied as I glanced over at her to see her body fully turned towards me as if she was paying attention.

"Well, it all started when I was younger.." I said, right about now it should turn into a flashback, so author do your thing!

• ~ Flashback ~ •

"How could you do this to me?! How could you do this to us? We have a family, we have two kids.." Mom yelled and cried miserably.

I was upstairs peeking through the stairs as my Mom yelled and cried.

"Honey, it was a mistake, I swear! I never meant to hurt you," Dad replied.

"Did you even think about the family you had back home when you did it?" she asked sorrowfully.

"I--" Dad paused, now looking down at the ground. "I didn't.." he added in a disappointed tone. "But, it really was a mistake-- I'll tell her to get an abortion because I have a--" Mom cut him off.

"You're a terrible Father to our children." she replied. "And you can't tell a woman you got pregnant to just get an abortion, it's her baby. It's her choice, if she doesn't want one then she doesn't one." she added.

"But, our kids-- I have them to take care of, I can't--" Dad was cut off once more.

"I want you out out of this house, right now. I'll send you the divorce papers." Mom said firmly, she was hurt, but she tried not to act like she was.

"Honey, I--" he was cut off again.

"I said now." she replied trying to regain her composure.

Dad did nothing but sighed and headed upstairs as he passed by me. Once he was out of sight, I looked back down at my Mom as her knees buckled and she was kneeling on the floor crying her eyes out.

• ~ End of Flashback ~ •

"It happened when I was 8, and my younger sister was 6." I said pushing my lips together. "She went with Dad, and Mom kept telling her she didn't have to go. When she chose to go, my Mom was in tears. I didn't know what to say since I was still young then, so all I did was hug her as comfort." I added with no emotion.

"Hunter, I'm so sorry.." Maria replied in a soft yet fragile tone. "You had a little sister? Do you still keep in touch with her?" she asked.

"No need to be sorry, it was a long time ago. My Mom's fine now, and yeah, I did. I don't keep in touch with her, and I haven't seen her for a long time now." I replied.

It was silent for a few minutes, then I glanced over at her only to see her head hanging low. Did she feel sorry for me after hearing all that? Maybe it wasn't the right time to tell her..