Chapter 49

"How do I know you're just not saying all this?" Maria asked, her eyes still on me as worry showed in her eyes.

"Why would I lie to you?" I questioned. "Maria, I'm telling you right now.. I'm in love with you. And I would never do anything to hurt you." I replied my eyes looking into hers. "I've never been good with timing, I don't even know if this is a good time. But.. Maria Anne, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked.

She looked at me first, before looking down at her food. "I-I don't know," she replied softly.

"What don't you know?" I questioned looking at her as my expression softened.

"I don't know if I can risk getting hurt." she replied pursing her lips together.

"What's life without a few risks?" I asked with a nervous smile. "Just give me a chance, I swear I wouldn't hurt you. I would never ever do anything to hurt someone who means the world to me." I replied in a soft tone.

Maria's lips stayed pursed as her eyes still remained on her food, probably still thinking about her decision. If she were to say no, I'd understand.. but if she were to say yes, I'd finally be with the girl I'm in love with.

"I- can I think about it?" she asked now looking up at me. "I'll give you my answer on Monday," she added still looking at me.

"Yes, and okay." I replied, throughout lunch it was kind of quiet.

I think she was still thinking about it even while eating, but even so I didn't have dinner with her. Which was okay, I know my sudden confession to her was a lot to take in and she really needed to think about it so I just took her home once we finished eating lunch. We were now already in front of her house.

"Thank you for today." Maria said with a smile before opening her door and stepping out. But when she was about to stand up and walk towards her house, she stepped back inside and leaned over to give me a kiss on the cheek before scurrying to her front door.

"No problem," I replied chuckling a bit as I watched to make sure she was inside.

Okay, you guys.. a kiss on the cheek means something, right?! I mean, I know she admitted to liking me as well. But, still. Wow.. Maria and I as a couple.. what would our ship name be? Any ideas?

MARIA'S POV:

Once I was inside the house, I shut the door and slid to the ground. Why did I do that? Why did I kiss his cheek?! What was I thinking? I know I admitted to realizing I liked him, but WHY did I have to make such a bold move!

I groaned while remaining on the floor as I felt my phone vibrate, it was Kyle calling.

"Hello?" I answered in a low voice.

"Hey! How was today?" he asked.

"It was good, I hung out with Hunter today." I replied. "We had a fun time at the beach."

"That's nice, sooo.. did he say anything?" he asked, obviously knowing something.

"Yes, yes he did." I replied.

"What did he say?" Kyle questioned.

"How about I tell both you and Rose tomorrow?" I asked.

"What are we gonna do?" he asked.

"Maybe grab some breakfast?" I replied in a form of a question.

"Okay, yeah. I can do that, I'll ask Mom if I can borrow her car and pick you guys up. Just text me your address. Also, what time?" he asked.

"Okie dokie! And maybe around 10am?" I replied.

"Sounds good to me!" he replied.