Chapter 58

"Shit, sorry. I didn't see you there." she said, obviously right on top of me, in an awkward position.

"Yeah, okay. Get off me." I replied as she got up and tried helping me up but I refused.

I looked at Brook, then Maria. Only to see Maria looking outrageously upset. Her arms were crossed, and she didn't say or do anything besides walk away from the scene so I followed her as she left.

"Hey, Princess. Wait up." I called out from behind her but she kept walking, so eventually I ran over beside her.

"I told you I didn't trust that girl." she replied, still walking away from me. "Clearly, she's trying to get at you. And the fact she's friends with Karina!" she exclaimed still walking.

"Hey now," I replied grabbing her arm gently which caused her to stop and turn to me. "Look, okay. I'm sorry, I should've known better." I added.

"What was that?" she questioned as she stopped walking and turned around a bit, her arms crossed.

"I should've known better." I repeated again, girls.. they just wanna hear you're wrong. "You happy I admitted I was wrong?" I asked.

"Yes." she replied. "Because I don't think many guys would admit to their mistakes." she added.

"Well then, count me as different." I replied followed by a soft chuckle, now walking beside her with an arm around her shoulders. "You know, we've been for awhile. Wanna go grab a bite to eat?" I questioned.

"Ooh, can we get some ramen?!" she asked excitedly, while looking up at me with a smile.

"If you're in a mood for that, then sure. I know a ramen place in Richmond." I replied.

After she had mentioned wanting to get some ramen, we returned the ice skates for our regular ones and headed out. We went to this pretty good ramen place called Isshin. When we arrived, the host showed us to our seats and gave us the menus.

"Can I start you two off with drinks?" the waitress asked.

"Yes please, I'll have water." I replied.

"Me too, please." Maria replied with a smile.

"Okay, I'll be back with your water." the waitress replied heading to the back, then quickly returning with our drinks.. though we still haven't decided on a order.

After a few more short minutes of the two of us looking through the menu...

"Are you ready to order?" I questioned, putting my menu down on the table.

"Mhm, are you?" she questioned back doing the exact same thing I did.

"Yeah," I replied raising my hand as the waitress noticed and walked over. "We're ready to order." I said.

"What can I get for you?" the waitress asked with a smile as I looked over at Maria, which meant for her to order to first.

"Can I please get the miso ramen?" she asked with a smile.

"Yes, of course. And how bout you?" the waitress asked looking over at me.

"I'll take the spicy miso ramen, please." I replied taking Maria's menu and handing it to the waitress.