Chapter 38

He didn't say anything, he just chuckled before we were both dead silent.

"So, I was planning on asking Rose if she wanted to hangout with me tomorrow." Hunter said breaking the silence. "Do you think I should?" he asked looking over at me.

"Well, that just depends. Where do you plan to take her?" I asked with an amusing smile.

"Well, it's just hanging out.. so a movie. Maybe to watch Moana, do you think she'd like that?" Hunter asked, his eyes still on me.

"Yeah, I think she would. I mean, who doesn't love disney?" I asked chuckling. "Go for it."

"Alright, I just might. Thanks," he replied followed by a soft chuckle.

15 minutes later we had finished eating and headed back to the car.

"I guess it's time for you to drop me off," I said sitting in the car patiently waiting for him to start the car.

"Welllllll, you guessed wrong." he replied.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking over at him as he drove.

"Ever gone go-karting?" he asked.

"Yeahhh," I replied obviously lying.

"Then you'll be just fine." he chuckled.

"Thanks!" I replied chuckling as well.

It wasn't long before we made it to the Indoor Go-Karting place area thing.

"Whoa, this place looks so cool." I said looking around the area.

"That's weird, you sound like you've never gone go-karting before." he replied.

"Whaaat. I meant to say, wow.. this place still looks the same." I replied.

"Get on a go-kart," he chuckled getting in one as I followed and took the one next to him.

At first I was confused on what I was suppose to do but I eventually got the hang of it. We did 3 laps around the course, and most of the time I just kept curving onto the course.

Hunter drove beside me, "You know, you're a real professional at go-karting." he mentioned sarcastically.

"Wow, thanks." I replied sarcastically as well.

"But hey, are you having fun?" he asked.

"Yeah, I just love crashing into things." I replied followed by a chuckle. "Speaking of crashing," I said purposely crashing into him.

"Hey, this isn't bumper cars." he replied. "I would do the same, but I follow the rules." he added smugly.

"Whoa, rules apply to you?" I asked.

"How is that even a question?" he asked.

"Dunno, but see ya later~!" I replied driving ahead of him, told ya I'd get the hang of it.

"Cheater!" he called out trying to catch up to me.

----------

After the Indoor go-karting we started to head back to the car.

"You know, for someone who's gone go-karting before you aren't very good at it." he said with a half smile.

"Okay, I've never really gone go-karting before, happy?" I asked looking at him.

"That you finally told me the obvious truth? Yes." he replied chuckling a bit. "Okay, I think it's time I take you home now." he mentioned.

"Ah, ah. I want to be there when you ask Rose," I replied with a smile.