Ch 7

THIRD PERSON POV

Peter stayed towards the staircase, desperately willing his arm to heal as Lydia walked in the door, Jackson trailing with his eyes glued to his phone screen.

"Alright McCall, obviously this is about Stiles, seeing as he's not joined to your side at the hip, so what've you got?"

And before he could get a word in, Liam, Malia, Kira, and Danny walked in, Liam curiously perking up at the mention of Stiles.

"What happened to Stiles?" 

"Just sit down everyone." Scott's sounded so gruff, almost guilty in tone. Everyone could hear it and Liam, the poor innocent puppy, looked like he just wanted to give his alpha a hug and not let go until he felt better. Once everyone arranged themselves accordingly, Scott let the tension leave his shoulders and anger seep into his scent. 

"We, we all really messed up."

Jackson snorted and rolled his eyes in a 'Duh, you just figured that out?' way and Lydia responded for him. "If you think we don't get that by now then you're thicker than I thought before. The real question is, how do we fix this and get Mom back." 

"Wait," Liam tilted his head to the side in confusion, "what am I missing here? What happened to Mama and why does Scott smell like he's gonna hurl out of guilt?" 

Erica and Boyd picked the perfect moment to walk into the loft and answer before Scott or anyone else had a chance to even open their mouths to reply.

"Because baby pup, we've been hurting Mom, and Scott didn't realize it because he's a sh/tty friend." Scott growled at that, but there was no heat behind it. She was right; Scott let his best friend since preschool get hurt because he was too blinded by how well the pack was doing.

"Ok, so no more forgetting the squishy human, we need to treat Stiles like Mom because he IS our mom. Lydia, even with your genius brain, you wouldn't have passed our Chemistry final without Stiles hounding you to study and helping you with balancing chemical equations." She simply nodded, "And Malia, without the yoga breathing exercises Stiles taught you, you would have been expelled from school for getting into one too many fights." Malia shrugged but everyone smelt the guilt rolling off of her. She smelled like she wanted to cry, and no one was going to blame her if she did. 

"We all took advantage of the kindness Stiles showed us, and now, he's at home with Derek and Isaac because those are the only two people in this pack, besides Scott's mom and his own dad, that haven't treated him like total garbage." By the end of his speech, Boyd's voice had begun to cracked and tears filled his eyes because every moment he had ever shoved or spoken harshly to Stiles raced through his mind and stabbed at his heart. Eric held onto him and supported him as his knees gave out, held him as he sobbed in the middle of the floor in front of the rest of the pack.

By now, everyone including Peter was crying and all but Peter rushed to Boyd and Erica for a puppy pile, Scott supporting most of everyone's weight because he could. Peter, he simply shifted and ran out of the loft, mind linking to Scott that he had something to take care of.

They stayed like that for hours before Lydia, with makeup running down her face, composed herself as best she could and started setting up 'Operation: Fix Mama Stiles' and the rest of their evening went as such.

-------

Next chapter is going to be a cute Peter POV because I love  the OOC approach I'm going with for him in this story, it'll make things more fun when the next nightmare enemy comes along >^~^< enjoy.