Ch 16

Liam POV

After Erica, Lydia, Jackson, and Boyd cut themselves from the pack, I was in the kitchen making frittatas with Melissa when Kira and Scott's conversation got loud enough that I could just hear them arguing.

"Outright attacking them all for leaving is not going to solve anything Scott, they feel remorse for hurting their pack member. Their problem with leaving isn't because of the fact that Stiles is an alpha now but everyone is realizing how important he is to our collective wellbeing. There is no justifiable way that you can just up and attack them." Her voice was motherly and scolding, something close to Melissa when Stiles was sick a few months back and wasn't around to clean up after us. It was honestly a complete mess. Scott's voice however, was deathly monotone and quite terrifying as he spoke in his Alpha Tone.

"I will do what I think is best for my remaining pack and will not let Stiles become a threat to us Kira!" At that, all but Melissa whimpered, the twins running upstairs to hide in Melissa's room, Malia scrambling into the kitchen and the both of us hiding behind an extremely angry looking Melissa.

"SCOTT YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS INTO THIS KITCHEN BEFORE I DRAG YOU IN HERE!" If there is anything more terrifying then an Alpha's Voice, it would have to be an angry Melissa McCall. She turned to look at Malia and I who were still crouched behind her, clinging to her jacket sleeves like little children. "You are free to listen in, but you are to go upstairs and wait with the twins and Kira in my room. Am I understood?" She was much kinder in her tone towards us, but I could smell the rage flowing through her. I have no doubt the images of wringing her son's neck flashed through her mind, but she has more control than that. Regardless of how calm she was, we both still scrambled out to the living room to grab Kira and made our way up the stairs to her room.

When we reached the room, the twins were peeking their heads out from the small closet, tee shirts on their hangers draped over their shoulders, framing their terrified faces. It took Malia and I a minute to coax them out onto the bed, but by then, Melissa began talking in a deathly low Mom Voice that had us all in a state of second hand sympathy for Scott, who even from as far off as we were, reeked of guilt and defiance.

"Scott, Stiles is your best friend and even if he left you, that doesn't make him an enemy! This sadly isn't as bad as third grade when you literally threw him OUT YOUR BEDROOM WINDOW  after winning a match on Halo. If that saint of a boy could forgive you for breaking three ribs, his nose, and dislocating his shoulder on top of convincing his father not to press charges, then I doubt that he would ever do anything to hurt you on his own volition." At that, the defiance in Scott's scent faded, even his wolf finally agreeing with him instead of the two fighting and feeling remorseful for driving away their first true beta.

The small, broken tone in the True Alpha's voice was heartbreaking and made us all whimper in response,

"What do I do mom? He'll never forgive me for this... I failed him with the nogitsune, with.... with Theo!" That's when we could here Scott start to sob and truly break down. "I can't lose him for good!" Without a second thought, I was off like a shot downstairs towards my alpha, not caring whether or not the rest of the pack was behind me and flung my arms around Scott, crouching on the floor is a heartbroken, broken mess together, the rest of the pack adding to the 'Puppy Pity Pile'.

With that, Ethan raised his head and looked at the sympathetic looking Melissa sitting at the table, a tearful, determined look on his face.
"How do we get Stiles back without leaving Scott's pack? He and Stiles were the only ones who thought that Aiden and I were worth anything other than dead after everything we did under Deucalion and Kali." Melissa just sighed and sagged, looking more exhausted than she had been when she was filled with her motherly anger.

"Too tired to think past what I have today. Scott's your alpha, but you're all a pack, so come up with something," and with that, she pushed herself out of the chair, "I however, have eight hours until my shift and still need sleep, so goodnight."

Malia grumbled something along the lines of it's only like 5pm and stupid hospital overworking mama.... If there was anyone else other than Scott as protective and loving towards Melissa, it would be Malia.

...

I promise Stiles, we'll figure out a way to make this up to you.

I promise...

-----------------
IMPORTANT PSA!!!!!
- So I'm starting a story request series so message me about any one shots that you would like to see written. Smut is HIGHLY accepted!