Ch 23

Three weeks later...
STILES POV
Turning over the engine to my Jeep, Scott, Isaac, and Jackson with me, I start driving out to the beach with Derek's Camaro and Allison's "Family Van" -which was Argent's hunting van cleaned out with the seats put in- following behind for a day by the ocean at Bodega Bay. It was an hour and a half drive from Beacon Hills but that's to be expected.

I do hope that Isaac stops trying to poke Jackson's nose because honestly, I don't want to growl today, there was enough of that during training yesterday that my throat is actually sore.

So, my internal audience that I'm not sure is there, there is still quite a bit to clear up, like what I am, how I am, and why. Well, flashback time!

"Stiles, out of the car" All I did was snarl and send discontent through the mate bond, praying that Derek would just drive me home. I didn't want to see the cryptic old Veterinarian and despite wanting to know my mythological background, I'd rather fight off another nogitsune.

"As much as I would love to take you home and snugglefuck the day away, we need to know."

Looking up at him, standing in the car doorway, reaching a hand out towards me, I heaved as dramatic of a sigh as I could manage -cue sourwood eye roll- and took his hand.

Deaton met us out front of the clinic and smiled as we approached.

"Alpha Stilinski, wonderful to see you again. How ca-"

"You know exactly why I'm here today so can you please cut the bullshit? It's getting old and starting to grate on my nerves." Derek growled quietly and gave my side a quick elbow jab, as a reminder to be polite. But why would I?

The man isn't my emissary and he's been of no true help to anyone unless we go full force with him. Of course I said none of this aloud and just shrugged before recontinuing eye contact with the vet.

With a mild chuckle, he nods and leads us inside, holding the mountain ash swinging door to the back open for us. With a bit of personal curiosity in mind , I moved my hand towards the wood and was overall surprised to see that I could touch the wood.

Turning to Derek, my eyebrows alarmingly near my hairline, I conveyed my surprise and excitement at the discovery. He was happy to show his in words though.

"Well isn't that something."

Deaton didn't seem phased however, almost like he expected it. But I didn't mind so much as long as he tells me everything that I came to learn. As we entered the back exam room, I had a brief flash to me almost cutting Derek's arm off, to the ice bathes of death, to....

Derek wrapped his hand around the back of my neck, snuffling at the patch of skin behind my ear, instantly calming me before I could think about, well what I didn't when I, wasn't me. But that's all behind me now; I've gotten past that and can never be controlled like that again. So I looked up at Deaton to see him pulling a thick, leather bound tome from a cabinet shelf above the counter running along one wall to our right.

"If you're referring straight to the book then obviously you've never seen my kind first hand. Am I right?" Deaton slowed his pace as he locked the cabinet and walked back to us. Nodding at my statement before placing the book on the cold metal table in front of us, opening to a page just shy of half way through. Derek dropped his hand as he focused on the page.

The page had reading in a language I was in familiar with alongside an intricately designed tiger statue as a featured picture.

"WereTigers are one of the rarest breeds of shifter to exist in the world. At one point, they all lived within one plot of land in Indonesia and ruled the populace of the country. However, when the Europeans began to colonize, they saw them as a threat, and wiped them out. Now, they only exist when a child of magical blood line has been made to protect those that they see as pack or family.

The last living Tiger was nearly one hundred years ago, Deucalion's grandfather."

Well shit, that explains the mannerisms then.

"One thing about Tigers that was truly amazing is that those who do surface, cannot pass on their lineage to children produced with another shifter. Tigers can only be produced between an existing Tiger and a non magical human."

Both Derek and my hearts dropped just a little, looking at him, he seemed genuinely upset at this.

"Any children produced with another shifter defaults to what ever species mothers the child. So if Derek were to carry -which as he is your mate, he is more than capable of- the pup would indefinitely be a werewolf."

Taking in all of the information, I nodded, then spoke,

"Say I do take a human as another mate, would that have any affect on my existing bonds?" Derek looked mildly scandalized at my question, but I remembered something pertaining to feline shifters and a "harem" of mates. 

The vet chuckled and nodded understandingly,

"Well I see you've read up on feline shifters then, to answer your question, no it would not. Considering feline shifters have a tendency to take up five mates at a time in their life, it would not at all diminish any existing mate bonds, but would alter them to where all mates had their standings as either main mate or secondary mates. So if you were to acquire a human mate, more than likely they would have very low standing in pack dynamics, a delta breeder at best."

We both nodded in understanding, Derek still simmering in a little bit of anger at the question to begin with, but with Scott, I needed to ask. And of course my next question regarded him as well.

"And Scott? He's a Breeding Alpha after all. Alpha's of any shifter typically aren't capable of carrying, regardless of where in the pack dynamics they fit."

Deaton nodded, pondering his words carefully it seemed.

"Breeding Alphas are rare yes, however, it is a mystery as to why it happens still. I haven't found any research on the matter helpful. But from what I've seen personally in all cases is that Breeding Alphas go into heat when they have fully deferred to another, often times more powerful alpha. Any other questions?" I shook my head before turning to Derek, who had a a focused expression before speaking.

"How soon before Scott is safe to breed?"

"At the earliest, his next heat, however he has to speak with both of you as well as whomever his main mate presents as. A Breeding Alpha will of course have two mates as well, a primary mate that they spending their life with and love, and of course their secondary will more often times be the alpha that they defer to, only really there to carry children for that alpha."

We both nodded, satisfied that we knew what we needed. We thanked the vet before walking out the door.

Now, both Derek and I lay curled up on a blanket under our big beach umbrella, watching all the pups run around and playing in the water. We both noticed Scott and Peter sticking closer together than normal, but we knew why, smiles on both of our faces as Derek ran his fingers through my hair. I couldn't help but purr and feel content with my life and my pack as a whole.

My pack.

—————————-
Happy last chapter lovelies! Keep sending plot ideas for next book?