Ch 18

Isaac POV

We were in the middle of an episode of Friends when Peter starts to whine in his sleep where he was laying Boyd and Erica's laps on the love seat. Erica began to comfort him as a telltale motor began pulling up the street, which I recognized as Scott's bike.

With a low growl, I stood up and Boyd followed suit. Erica hadn't moved until Peter cried out in her arms and she stood to move him behind Boyd. Jackson and Lydia both stood next to them, worried emotions pouring off of all of them in thick waves that drove my anger at Scott even higher. As soon as he opened the door, I had wolfed out and pinned him to the wall, snarling in his surprised and tired face.

But then, the unexpected happened...

He bared his neck, whining like a kicked puppy as he poured out his sorrow in his emotions.

"I'm so sorry..." his voice shook and broke in that barely-a-whisper, verge of crying tone that cooled the anger. Just then, I noticed the dried tear streaks on his face, the amount of sour, hurting emotions pouring off of his person in acrid, stomach-rolling waves, and the hitch in his breath that sounded like choked sobs. It calmed my wolf and I took pride knowing that he knew how badly he messed up and that he felt so badly about it that he submitted to betas in another pack. He looked moments from breaking down,  the dejection growing in his expression as I stayed silent, stone-faced.

"Scott McCall. Hear me when I say that I am our alpha's right hand, and despite that position, I will make absolutely no executive decision without my alpha and alpha mate's awareness and consent." He looked ready to cry again when I paused for effect. And I know it's mean but he seriously fucked up and a little bit of personal revenge sounded really nice right now. "But as far as I am concerned, you have shown your remorse and have been forgiven as you have made your place right. However, forgiveness does not entail trust or civility, and should anyone in the pack choose to lash out at you, no one will step in to stop them. Am I understood?"

Scott looked relieved after being forgiven and he started to calm down a bit. Looking behind me, I could see the wheels turning in every beta's head, planning what item or activity their forgiveness would be earned with, except Peter. Peter was already walking towards us with a blank expression, which worried me. Peter was hurt pretty badly, both physically and emotionally by Scott, and had been in a fearful and almost completely nonverbal mindset since he crawled in the window at Stiles' the other night. But as he stood in front of Scott, his face softened and he reached up to pet the Alpha's hair, just above his nape, thankfully catching him as he went boneless, whimpering like a puppy as he clung to Peter's shirt.

"Just let go Scotty..." Peter's words were no more than a whisper but we knew why it was said; we have all carried guilt since we've gotten to know the supernatural world and to be denied relief of that guilt from even one person is heartbreaking and scarring. So no one said a thing as Peter picked Scott up, legs wrapped around his waist, and carried him over to the couch, but instead, we all followed. Once everyone was comfortably placed around the living room, Lydia grabbed the remote and grumbled something along the lines of 'Jackson gets a break from being my shopping bag carrier for a while'.

It's not perfect, but we're getting there.

_________________________________

Hey! So I just got a wonderful new touch-screen laptop and figured, even though it's 11 at night, I could put a chapter out for you guys. Don't know where I'm going with the story from here, but I'll plan something out and have another chapter in a few weeks!