Ch 19

Derek POV

For the first time in days, but what felt like weeks, I woke up without straight jumping into a pool of mind numbing pheromones. Instead, I woke up feeling dehydrated, sore, and comfortable from where I was wrapped around Stiles.

My mate, my alpha.... mine.

The thought made me growl low in the back of my throat as I nuzzled against the pink, scarred mark on the teen's neck, pulling him closer to me as I try and fall back asleep. That's when Stiles started to wake up though, and he flails when he stretches. So with centimeters between my face and the curled fist that almost hit it, I shoved him off the bed.

The indignant squeak he let out reminded me much of a surprised house cat and made me laugh so hard that I eventually fell off of the bed as well.

"Hale, you're gonna regret that later, I swear." He still hadn't moved from where he landed face down on the opposite side of the bed, given that his words sounded muffled with his face smushed into the rug on that side. I just giggled as I stood up and walked to the bathroom, taking care of the morning routine I seemed to have consistently skipped on because of our mating rut. But as soon as I walked out, I noticed the way Stiles looked at his own claws; needle sharps and thin, but strong looking despite the opacity, looking almost like he wanted them gone. His breathing having picked up close to hyperventilating, I walked over, getting worried.

I could understand that this was a lot to take in, especially now that his head is finally clear enough to think about it. Neither Stiles nor I were meant to be Alphas in the first place, Stiles wasn't supposed to be a were-anything, and all of a sudden, he's both. With a lifemate on top of all of that, I can't begin to imagine what's running through his head.

Stiles POV

After Derek left for the restroom, I finally got back up on my side of the bed and started running through everything that has happened in the least few days.

First off, my best friend totally turned on me and left me alone.... No better than an Omega I would like to bet. And the only three people who came to comfort me and apologize the first time around were the sourwolf, psychowolf, and the vicious puppy that tried to kill me on his first full moon shift. I'll admit though, they all made up for it; I'd never seen Isaac take responsibility for anything in the way he did when our 'honeymoon rut' started. Truly though, it made me feel more connected to him, knowing that if I wasn't there or couldn't take over, that he could handle the pack and whatever crazy, supernatural nonsense happened to blow through town for the week.

And Derek, who knew he'd end up being my mate after he shoved me into walls, slammed my head into my steering wheel, and just generally threatened my safety for the first couple of months that I knew him. Since then though, he's been nothing short of caring and observant to everyone, making sure everyone is on track, in the know, but still hiding himself away at the new remodeled Hale house. I have seen him grow past all the trauma he has experienced in his life...

Peter, on the other hand, despite all the horror and mental anguish and torment he went through, was certainly my pup. Or kit in this case since I'm not sure about being a wolf or not after the different kind of alpha eyes and the thinner fangs. But certainly, he'd end up being the delta of the pack and more than likely be the baby out of everyone else. Him and Liam if Scott ever lets them come into my fold.

My fold. My pack. Mine to love and protect. 

The thought made a purr rise up in my throat, but it got cut off when I thought more about Scott. My best friend turned his back on me and despite coming to apologize, I could still smell the hostility he held against me. After being possessed, I came so close to killing so many people and for the longest time, I felt so horrible. I could understand why he felt horrible for what he did but at the same time, this is my brother; my closest friend, my person abandoned me when I was so close to taking my own life that I had stepped out into traffic one time. But Jackson saved me that night, not Scott. HE watched me until he saw that I wouldn't do it again, then left. 

I love him, he's always been there, but there is absolutely no way that I can trust him after this. Not with my friendship, with my pack, not with-

"Stiles?" Looking up at Derek, I nearly gave myself whiplash. He looked concerned, his hands holding my face gently, my hands gripping his forearms, claws out and dug into his skin. MY fangs were out, my breathing fast and hard.

"You had a panic attack. What were you thinking about?" His voice was quiet, neutral, it helped me calm the sound of my heartbeat in my ears. Despite how calm he looked, I could smell the worry on my mate, the slight uptick in his heart rate giving away his emotions.

With as serious of an expression as I could give after a panic attack, I looked up at Derek, not having noticed that my gaze had dropped to my lap in the first place.

"Scott cannot come back to us. Not until he has given me proof that he can properly make up for what he's done. Should he choose, I'll allow him to be a delta in our pack, but nothing more. Absolutely no privileges or rank above anyone in the pack." Derek simply nodded before pulling me to my feet.

"Ok, then let's shower and go to the loft to see the pack. I have no doubt they're going insane without us."

"Alright." I nodded in agreement, worn out from the endorphin rush finally calming down and leaving me drained. "Maybe some food on the way there too?"

"Of course Stiles."

--------------------------------

Ok, I think that over 1000 words is enough for this chapter yeah? Got this out earlier than expected and may have another one by the end of the day or tomorrow. Enjoy!