Ch 8

STILES POV

After eating with my dad and the pack -well what little of the pack I can currently stand- we all went out to the living room to watch some reruns of Scrubs on TV. And all went pretty smoothly, we sat there until my dad stood up to go and get ready for work and started playing Call of Duty to pass some time.

"NO! How the hell are your reflexes that good Stilinski?" Derek sounded like he was only a few moments from whining out of pure disgrace at his video game skills after I had killed him with a long-range headshot for the fourth time that evening, Isaac laughing so hard that he had gone silent and rolled off of the couch.

"I don't rely on reflexes Derek, I'm just relying on the fact that you suck at everything but Mario Kart 8!" With a smug smirk, I booped Derek on the nose with my pinkie, earning myself a playful growl from the former Alpha. This went on for another five or so minutes before there was a small clatter from upstairs that even I had heard, being so accustomed to werewolf lifestyle that I'd picked up some more finely tuned senses just out of necessity for survival.

I was the first one to stand, running towards the front door for the baseball bat in the front hall, only to be interrupted by a voice at the top of the stairs.

"Mama.." It was Peter; the broken, on-the-verge-of-balling-my-eyes-out voice came from the bleeding, shivering werewolf. It took no time for me to allow the hunk of wood to clatter to the floor, and I raced to the top of the stairs and held the sad man. The eldest Hale looked like a child clinging to their mother after a nightmare, so distraught that his claws had torn through the flannel I always wore when the pack went chasing baddies. I honestly couldn't care, I wanted to growl and tear Scott to shreds for hurting Peter, one of the few pups in the pack that gave a damn about me, pack omega or not. I could only tell that it was Scott's doing from the 1) the not-so-quickly healing wound and 2) Peter stunk like the loft that Scott had more or less taken over since Derek more often stayed at the newly rebuilt Hale mansion with Isaac, Erica, and Boyd.

When I came back to reality and gained awareness of my surroundings, I noticed that as I held Peter, the well-built older man looking small curled into my lap like a puppy hiding from a thunderstorm, that Derek and Isaac were standing at the end of my bed in a nervous way. They both looked like all they wanted to do was curl up into bed beside us and be the ones protected for once. I didn't speak, I just purred-

Wait a second, PURRED?!?! I felt the anxiety of confusion seep into my veins as I pulled Peter closer so he could rest his head on my chest and motioned the others over towards the bed. Once I had Peter settles snuggled up against my chest, Derek spooning behind me and Isaac cuddled close around Peter to envelop him in bodily warmth, I closed my eyes and tried to not think, but rather just to care for the betas that surrounded me and keep them safe from whatever may come next.

---------------------

DEREK POV

After Stiles managed to gather up Peter and carry him into his room like he weighed no more than a small child, Isaac started whining, shifting his weight on his feet like he wanted to go and make sure that the pair upstairs were alright, but at the same time, didn't want to make me upset in doing so, so I simply started walking up, only to have Isaac rush by me in an anxious attempt at 'running to mama'. I'll be honest, after seeing Stiles grow into his Pack Mom role at seeing Peter so vulnerable, it made me anxious as well. I wanted to be there for him and protect him so that he could spend his time worrying about the pups and their needs, but at the same time, it made me want to be one of the pups that he took his time to care for. So instead, I settled for my third conflicting feeling, which happened to be the overwhelming pride at seeing my potential mate caring for members of my pack... one feeling I wouldn't consider wanting to feel was the need to mark and claim such a strong and responsible mate, because honestly, my wolf was always one to be driven purely by the immediate, primal instinct that the situation brought forth.

However, when I walked into the bedroom, the sight of Stiles caring for a still whining Peter was enough to make my heart melt. Stiles looked so caring, so serene there, like it was his place. he belonged in our pack so well, seeing him like this almost boggles me at how the pack takes him as someone to abuse like they do. And when he purred, that's when my wolf started yipping, prancing around in an attempt to coax me into some way of courting him, or just straight claiming him. I just settled for snuggling up behind him when he allowed us to join him and Peter in, what can only be seen as a Puppy Pile. I was content there. Not scared of losing anyone I cared about, but safe enough in this moment that I could sleep in ease, without fear of memories from the fire tearing at my heart and mind.

----------------

So yeah, sappy and fluffy and Derek being OOC as well. Enjoy little ones ;3 Again, if anyone can send me continuation ideas, I would greatly appreciate it