❉| chapter three

❝such a beautiful place to be with friends

❝such a beautiful place to be with friends.❞

-dobby the house elf, harry potter and the deathly hallows

HANNAH GREEN, PIKE, AND Caleb accompany us toward where we suspect Clarke will be. With our new companions, the ride in the Rover is more packed and awfully silent. I find myself pressed between Bellamy and Indra until we're shoulder-to-shoulder.

"There's the trading post," Indra informs Kane. He takes a left and stops the Rover in front of a large, one-story building that looks close to falling apart.

"Hey, do you hear that?" Pike questions. All of us fall even more silent. The faint sound of a violent crash and, "Weron kamp raun Wanheda?" makes Hannah flinch.

"Great," Caleb mutters dryly.

"We can't let whoever that is kill the owner," Bellamy says. "If we do, we may as well lose Clarke."

"I can't let that happen," I growl, face set in determination as I push the Rover's back door open and hop out. My rifle is clenched firmly in my hands as I march toward the entrance.

"Ai get klin bilaik dei Azgeda nomajoka komba raun gon em!" a male's enraged voice screams from inside. "Ai na as nodotaim noumou...Weron. Kamp. Raun. Wanheda?"

I kick the door open and fire a shot at the Grounder currently on top of whom I assume is the owner of the trading post. The bullet hits home in the man's back, causing him to topple over onto the ground. A female scrambles to her feet, long blonde hair whipping over her shoulder as she backs away from us. Her narrow face is covered in blood and eyes wide in fright.

"Are you okay?" Bellamy asks her calmly as he files inside after me. "Are you hurt?"

"Oso nou laik laksen yu," I tell her, immediately putting down my rifle and raising my arms in a means to show I'm being serious. "Ai swega klin."

The trading post is cluttered with various items spread out on tables. Most of it litters the floor from the attack, parts of furniture knocked over. There's a back room I can't see into from here, and more to the back left.

Indra steps closer to the woman's attacker and examines him before announcing, "Bounty hunter." Then, she quickly begins checking the rooms that branch off from the main one. "Yu hon yu in osir sisplei."

"English!" Pike demands sharply.

"Pike," Kane warms pointedly, "go outside. Take Monty, Hannah, and Caleb. Search the perimeter, make sure he was alone."

Pike eyes the bounty hunter on the ground before nodding and turning to leave. I exhale once the rest do as well; having fewer people around will make the poor girl more at ease. Hopefully.

"Osir ste lufa Wanheda au," Indra informs her.

She glances at the man's body beside her feet. "So was he."