seven: jj & mariah

Private message:

JJ: I'm almost there

Mariah: great my agent just left I'll wait in front for you

10 minutes later

Mariah could barely contain her excitement as she saw her one of her oldest friends walk across the street after parking his car. She grinned from ear to ear as he spotted her and grinned back.

Once he was a few paces within her reach she pounced on him, hugging him so tight JJ wasn't sure he could breathe.

"You're so much taller than me now, jerk."  Mariah settled back into their usual brother-sister teasing. JJ shook his head but laughed anyway.

"Yeah and you're still very short." JJ teased as she lightly punched his arm. The two walked into the restaurant together.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After Mariah was satisfied that she had learnt everything that had happened to JJ in the last couple of years and him vice versa the two were ready to part ways.

"JJ what's your address, I'll give you mine." Mariah said right before he left. He texted it to her and she texted hers back.

"So you and Simon huh?" JJ wiggled his eyebrows and Mariah groaned. Mariah had been insanely shy when she was crushing on Simon and she had never gotten the nerve to talk to him every time she saw him in class.

Then secondary school started and the boys and girls were split up, this was a relief and a tragedy for her. However, eventually Mariah forgot about him and focused on becoming an actor and now she came to find out her best friend was best friends with her childhood crush.

"Don't start." She said as she covered her slightly warm face with her hands.

"Alright, alright I'll see you next week?" JJ had invited Mariah over to his place when he knew the guys would be out. This way she wouldn't be entirely overwhelmed and start to adjust to their lifestyle. Mariah nodded and waved him goodbye as he crossed the street and she walked away.

She pulled out her phone and opened up Pokémon go, then she switched over to her Pokémon locator app. Mariah was, to say the least, addicted to the game. Without looking up she walked down the streets to where the nearest pokestop with lures was.

Mariah didn't notice that she was walking straight ahead into another person particularly invested in their phone. The two collided and apologized at the same time.

"Oh shit sorry!" Mariah looked up first being that her head had hit the person's chest. Simon couldn't believe what he saw when he looked down.

"Simon?" She said this as he opened his mouth.

"Mariah?" Simon said this as she said his name. He couldn't help the fact that his heart rate increased when she said his name. Mariah loved how her name rolled off of his tongue and after all this time he still made her heart beat through the roof. The two stepped back and created what felt like an entirely too big space to Simon.

"Wow." Mariah said audibly as she finally took in his appearance. If she didn't notice his gaze on her scanning eyes as she said it she might have groaned. She then tried to cover up her insanely awkward, insanely thirsty statement with, "this is crazy!"

"For real! You were Pokémon hunting too?" Simon couldn't form very intelligent sentences as he had noticed how breathtakingly beautiful she was. Also due to the fact that she had just said wow while checking him out, now Simon found himself overanalyzing JJ's text in his head.

"Yup and I just said bye to JJ a couple minutes ago." She couldn't wrap her head around the entire situation only minutes ago had JJ and her been talking about her monster of a crush on Simon and here he was. It seemed like fate to her.

"You mind if join you then I'm not getting anywhere by myself?" Simon said gesturing to his phone screen. He figured that he would be seeing her around anyway so why not get to know her without the other guys being around and making it awkward for him. Mariah grinned at him and nodded as she led the way to the pokestop.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A/n: things be getting interesting 😏