twenty-four: a talk & dance

"Simon!" Mariah had ran for five minutes in the pouring rain only to finally spot Simon on the pitch. She was out of breath as she yelled his name. She had missed him so much, her heart began to ache at the sight of him but she ignored this as she needed a clear head for what was about to come.

"Mariah you're back! What are you doing here?" He yelled back and walked towards.

"I could ask you the same thing!" She said yelling over the rain. Mariah looked around and finally spotted a covered area. She pointed towards it and he nodded, they arrived and Mariah took her hood off and shook out her drenched hair. Simon looked at her as she did this finding it entrancing, he saw her shiver then and it shook him out of his thoughts.

"You're crazy for coming out here, you could've caught a co-"

"Oh would you shut up for a second?" Mariah snapped and Simon put his hands up in defense.

"Geez what's up?"

"I was on Ellen recently..."

"Yeah I know, you told me you would be so I watched it when it came out. Also it's not like your interview isn't on every social media." Simon said sarcastically and normally she would laugh but there were other things on her mind. Simon noticed how serious her expression was.

"Well I wanted to talk about what I said." Mariah felt a lump form in her throat as she looked down at her trembling hands and then clenched them into fists. She swallowed down the lump and looked up into Simon's ocean blue eyes.

"Okay..."

"That crush I've had for a long time...it's you Simon." He couldn't believe the words that come out of her mouth, it was as if she wasn't real and everything was too good to be true. Simon's clearly shocked expression only allowed him to say one thing.

"Holy shit."

"I get it if you don't feel the same I don't want to force any-" Mariah panicked then as she didn't know if this was a good surprise or bad to Simon.

"No, no I feel the same trust me I definitely do. This is a lot to process and I don't know what to do with this information." Simon spoke honestly and then he realized how badly it came out. Of course there were many things he wanted to do with this information like scream it from every rooftop, create billboards stating the fact that Mariah Johnson liked him back, or even get it tattooed on his forehead.

"Kiss me. Please."  Mariah whispered it so quiet it was barely audible over the loud rain. Simon had never wanted to do something so badly in his entire life whilst knowing he couldn't. The desperation and fear in her voice made his heart break a little bit more.

Then his face contorted into a pained expression one that Mariah could read easily. If he kissed her everything would change, they both knew it and they both weren't ready for that. Then again Simon didn't think he would ever be ready for something as beautiful and intoxicating as Mariah Johnson.

Simon couldn't kiss her. He couldn't.

But as her lips looked more inviting than ever and her wet hair created a sort of halo he couldn't help but step closer and lean down ever so slightly.

The pained expression dissipated as he leaned his forehead against hers closing his eyes and breathing in deeply. She was so close Simon could feel her warm exhale on him. Simon was so close Mariah could almost feel his heart beating against her own. She couldn't give up though because even if Simon couldn't kiss her she could at least ask once more.

"Kiss me Simon." And that was all it took to send him over the edge into a deep dark abyss of emotions and complication. Simon's hungry lips met hers and Mariah gasped, melting completely into him and grasping the material of his soaked hoodie for stability as her knees grew weak.

Kissing Simon Minter was everything she had imagined and more.

Kissing Mariah Johnson was everything he had imagined and more.

The two stayed like that pressed desperately close to each other until they had to pull back for air. Simon rested his forehead against hers smiling so much he felt his cheeks would soon feel sore. Mariah grinned right back breathing in slowly and trying to catch her breath.

"What the hell do we do now?" Mariah whispered and Simon chuckled.

"Do you wanna go out to dinner Friday night? As a date." Simon clarified and Mariah had never felt so ecstatic.

"I would like that." They pulled back fully then and Simon took her hand in his as they made their way back to the sidemen house in Simon's car which was parked a bit away.

+++

"JJ we're back!" Simon called out as we entered through the front door. On the ride over Simon and Mariah talked about if they should tell JJ or not yet. She kind of hinted that JJ knew she was going to find Simon and if they didn't tell him then he'd go insane. Jide ran through the living room and stopped in his tracks in front of them looking back and forth for any indication of what happened.

"I'll talk to him." Mariah held JJ by the arm and took him into his room.

"What the fuck happened?!" He questioned as soon as she closed his room door.

"After telling him he was the mystery man, Simon said he liked me too, then we kissed, and he asked me out to dinner." JJ's jaw dropped and he faked a seizure while she started grinning. Mariah realized she didn't have time to freak out yet so she did a little victory dance of her own, soon enough the two were victory dancing together in some sort of circle.

"Uhm what the fuck have I walked into?" They heard Simon's voice at the door and stopped and dropped their limbs and heads to avoid his eye contact.

"You wanna explain or should I?" JJ said and Mariah sighed. They both silently decided Simon ought to know everything JJ knew.

A/n: updating after a while! Sorry I'm so slow on updates now I have another fic on @noorahelm that updates everyday and I'm so tired due to school so I never get time to write anyway leave a comment and don't forget to vote :)