twenty-five: gc & a date

"So uhm JJ's kind of known this entire time as in since day one till now." Mariah said shyly playing with her fingers as Simon took this in. JJ nervously laughed and looked between the two.

"Alright I can't be mad since JJ was just being a good friend, and you had your reasons as well." Simon sighed and rubbed his head clearly still thinking about what she had said. This meant JJ had known ever since the two met that Mariah had a crush on him which certainly explained the extensive shipping.

"What else?" Simon asked wanting to know everything now instead of being surprised later.

"God there's so much. Simon she was probably your first fangirl ever like before your channel." Jide said causing Mariah to hide her face. Simon perked up then, a grin spreading across his face.

"That's not true! Okay it's a little true, that's why I didn't let you see my myspace because some of the shit on there is clearly about you. Can we stop now before I die from embarrassment?" Mariah knew she was blushing and she felt like Jide was the embarrassing parent that would soon pull out baby pictures.

"Nope! Simon still has to be told all the things you said about him when we were in secondary." JJ laughed maniacally and Mariah groaned. Before he could start she placed her hand over his mouth. After she was sure JJ wouldn't say anything she removed it.

"Fine you tell him yourself I need to take a piss." JJ said and the two were confused for a second but then realized it was Jide so it wasn't out of the ordinary.

"You're never living this down." Simon smirked and Mariah rolled her eyes.

"My life is over." She fell back onto JJ's bed where the three had been sitting the entire time.

"Nah I can't say I wasn't a Mariah Johnson fanboy." Simon fell back next to her and Mariah laughed at this.

"Simon? How are we gonna do this?" Mariah whispered after a heartbeat or two of silence. "Do we tell people?" She clarified.

"Maybe just close friends for now and if word spreads we'll figure out it then." Simon said turning towards her and she did the same.

"Yeah that makes sense." Mariah wanted everyone to know she was dating Simon Minter but that wasn't realistic there was too much that could go wrong. For example her getting fired  by her manager or getting bad publicity which would ultimately end her career.

+++

the squad:

Mariah: we have something we need to tell everyone

Simon: that's why we made a hella big group chat

Sarah: okay don't leave us on edge

Lux: ^^^

Simon: we're dating

Mariah: don't tell anyone outside of this chat tho

Toebee: oH MY GOD

Freezy: my longest yeah boy ever

Starboy: hell yeah!

Dad: finally

Behz: YAYAYAYAY

Harold: congrats !

Fifamonster: mad ting

JJ: I already knew 😏

Mariah: thanks guys 💜

Simon: you can probably delete the other chat now

JJ: nah we need updates

Mariah: Simon just told me about it
you're just as much of a fangirl as me jide

Lux: we all luxury cruised that shit

Freezy: he's right

+++

Friday night

"Fuck! I have nothing to wear!" Mariah yelled throwing another outfit on the floor. Logan rolled his eyes as he witnessed the scene in front of him that resembled a teen movie.

"Bitch please you need to calm down! I recognize this is your childhood crush but he is also a straight male and you are gorgeous so stop stressing."

"Okay, okay you're right. Plus it's just bowling." Mariah added trying to put herself at ease. Finally she got changed into something comfortable and took a picture.

Mariah agreed to meet Simon since the place was relatively between where they lived

Mariah agreed to meet Simon since the place was relatively between where they lived. Logan gave her a pep talk before she left and Mariah felt slightly less nervous.

When she got there she saw Simon looking adorable and waiting for her. Simon looked up and saw bashful Mariah approaching him and he found her beautiful as ever.

"Shall we?" He gestured to the lanes and Mariah led the way until Simon touched her back to make her stop at their lane.

"Ready to get recked Minter?" Mariah said arrogantly as she finished typing their names onto the screen. Simon laughed at her teasing.

"Only if you're ready for defeat." He replied with equal arrogance. Mariah and Simon were playfully competitive so the game was fun and filled with teasing and attempted sabotage. Mariah ended up losing by 9 points and she immediately claimed the game was rigged.

"Are you hungry?" Simon asked Mariah in hopes she'd say yes as dinner was the main plan. She nodded and Simon smiled at her taking her hand in his. Mariah loved the feeling and how it sent a shock through her entire body. Simon loved the feeling of her small delicate hand in his and the way his arm seemed to be on fire now.

They ended up going to TGIF since neither of them liked too fancy of a place. She was having a great time with Simon and it was probably one of the best days she'd been on.

At the end of the night Simon kissed her once again and Mariah melted into him again. Simon honestly never wanted the moment to end but then she pulled back and he was brought back to reality.

Mariah and Simon parted ways and they couldn't erase their grins even after having left each other. Mariah stayed up all night first giving Logan all the details and then thinking about this kiss so much she forgot to sleep.

A/n: hi again it's me
I'm updating after so long it's a different year altogether please forgive me as I have a million fics between all my accounts I'll try and be more active and update more please make sure to vote and comment so I feel the support X.