twenty-eight: a video & a party

"5 seconds challenge with our reigning champion Josh and a new contestant..." Simon pointed towards her and she chimed in.

"Mariah!" She sat across from Josh and then the game began.

"Name 3 Beyoncé songs in 5 seconds...go" Mariah could have answered this in her sleep.

"Oh easy, freedom, blue, and partition." She said easily and Simon nodded in

"Oh come on that's not far." Josh whined and Mariah glared at him.

"Josh you bitch! Now you know how we feel when Simon favors you!" JJ was in the back and he backed her up.

"Aye! Josh name 3 salad dressings in 5 seconds." Simon said and turned to Josh.

"Oh fuck you! Caesar, thousand island, and fucking elephant jizz I don't know!" JJs laughter could be heard across the room and Mariah couldn't help but laugh too.

"Mariah are you ready?" Simon gave her a once over and she tried not to show how it affected her. Their relationship was very much still under the covers.

"Uhm yeah I think so."

"Name 3 American football, or soccer whatever, players." Simon corrected himself

"Shit okay...Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, and uhhhm Tim Howard." This was a tough one but Mariah still knew it.

"I think we all need to take a break that was...wow. How did you know the names? They're all shit teams I didn't even know more than LA Galaxy only because of Beckham." Simon and Josh were clearly impressed

"I lived in America and my dad wanted to take my to every game possible." Mariah explained for the viewers.

"Our minds are blown right now." Josh spoke and Simon nodded.

"Keep going Simon!" Mariah said anxious to beat to Josh.

"Oh yeah! Josh name 3 non-white female youtubers." Simon was shocked out of his daze.

"Uhh Superwoman, Ingrid Nelson, and bethanymota?" Josh mumbled and spoke quickly.

"Wait isn't bethanymota white?" Mariah questioned wanting to make sure Josh didn't get a point pat her.

"JJ look it up!" Simon ordered to behind the camera.

"Nah give it to him she's Mexican and Portuguese." JJ said after a beat or two and Maria frowned and Josh cheered. Mariah and Josh went back and forth a couple more rounds only for Mariah to win by one point in the lightning round.

+++

Mariah and Simon had been invited to a Houseparty and most of the people there didn't know they were together so they were separated most of the night. Simon was driving them home tonight so spotting him drinking shocked Mariah.

+++

Mariah: you weren't supposed to be drinking tonight

Simon:
and you weren't supposed to smoke but there are you smoking hot

+++

Mariah wasn't supposed to laugh since he was clearly drunk but she looked up to see him staring at her across the room and she rolled her eyes as he grinned at her laugh. She did want to go over and kiss his dumb hammered face but she couldn't. She decided to text him to meet her in the bathroom down the hall in the flat. He nodded across the room and followed her as she excused herself from the conversation she was having with Freya and Logan.