Chapter Six

Vote & Comment Pleasee

Chapter Six

Pregnancy Week 9: Buds for future teeth are starting to appear in the mouth. Intestines are beginning to form.

_______

"Stila Baby, I know you know who the father is. Wouldn't it be so much easier if you just tell me so that we can march into some poor men's life together and deliver the news?" Theo asks me, coming into my room for the third time that Saturday.

"Go away. Leave me alone," I groan, the pillow over my mouth muffling my voice.

Thankfully, he leaves me to wallow in peace.

I must give him credit, though. I have been held up in my room, if I'm not at work, for a week straight. What am I supposed to do? I know that eventually, and soon, I'm going to have to tell Clyde. It's not like I can keep this baby away from him, I mean it is as much of his offspring as it is mine.

So I make a decision. Today, I'm going to find his number (probably on the internet somewhere), and call him.

I throw the pillow across the room in nerves and pick up my laptop from the floor beside my bed. Opening it up, I immediately open a tab and type in "Clyde Lyles number". In .24 seconds, google has at least 240,000 results.

Ignoring the first two, which were Tumblr and Wikipedia (Never rely on those sites for information), I click on the third link. It takes me to a web page named "Everything you need to know about Clyde Lyles (EYNKCL for short)". Shocked, although I shouldn't be, I scroll the very end where a rumored phone number was.

Fetching my phone, I dialed the number and, after five minutes of gaining courage, press send.

"Hello," a little girls cheery voice came through the phone.

"Hi. I'm looking for Clyde Lyles," I say, completely perplexed as to why a little girl was answering Clyde's phone.

"Oh, hehe. Sorry. This isn't actually his number. I just thought I'd get lucky and he'd call me because I'm truly his number one fan," the girl said.

I said my thank you's and goodbyes and hung up the phone, confused and distressed.

I went back to the google page and decided to just type in Clyde's company name, and sure enough, a web page popped up.

Scrolling to the bottom of the web page, I saw the "contact us" button and pressed it, which sent me to a page that listed 2 phone numbers, a number for the company as a whole, and another one to get in contact with Clyde's secretary. It also listed an email and address, which obviously were no use to me.

I dialed in the secretary number, and sure enough, a high pitched female voice answered, sound a lot older than the previous female encounter.

"Hello, Clyde Lyles secretary, how may I be of assistance?" She asked.

"Hello. This is Stila Brookes. I was wondering if you could schedule a lunch date with Mr.Clyde? He should remember me. If not, remind him of the girl he had a one night stand with about two months ago. We were at Avenue nightclub, I was wearing a black dress?" I say, not realizing how angry I am about this situation until talking to someone who is close to the person I want to kill.

"I'm sorry miss. I see your type all the time. But Mr.Lyles is a very busy man, who doesn't have the time to date. Which is why he required you. One night stands for him are very frequent, and I hate to break it to you, but you aren't special." The secretary said back to me.

Astonished at this conversation, and the savage way she talked to me, I hung up completely humiliated and pissed off.

If she thought she saw the last of me, she was dead wrong.