Chapter Twenty-Eight

Ima try this new thing out because I saw it on another story and it totally worked!

Before the Next Chapter, Let's Hit 390 Votes! That's 30 more than we have now. I know you guys can do it; Lots of you read every chapter. And of course, comments and follows are appreciated as well! :) 

SONG: Rockabye by Clean Bandit (Just 'cause this chapters about a kids I guess)

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Week 30- The hair on a baby's head starts to grow and thicken. Some babies can be born with a full head of hair, although lost within the first 6 months of the baby being out of the mother's womb.

_______

"C'mon!" Clyde said, excitedly pulling me through the Bronx Zoo.

"Clyde, you do realize this is something people do with their kids," I said, laughing at the excitement he had present on his face.

"Alden's basically here. He can hear us. Why does he need to see?" Clyde asked, furrowing his brows.

Shaking my head and laughing some more, I let him drag me to the Elephant exhibit.

After the incident that happened a week ago and our resolvement 3 days ago, we've been acting like the happiest couple ever.

The makeup sex was pretty awesome, too.

Clyde decided that on this beautiful, sunny saturday, we'd go to the busy Zoo. Little did I know that Clyde would turn into a two year old kid.

"Look at how... majestic they are!" Clyde said, astonished, pointing at an elephant who was drinking some water.

"Yes, dear. Elephants are beautiful," I giggled, patting his back. "I'm gonna go buy some cotton candy."

I walked to the stand that housed cotton candy, as well as other over priced fair foods and purchased two spools of the sticky goodness, one blue and one pink.

Turning around, I'm greeted by the sight of Clyde helping a little boy see over the Zoo's railing into the Elephant exhibit. The little boy was pointing to the Elephants giant trunk and giggling at the sight.

Who knows where the little boy's parents were, although it didn't look like he was minding the attention he was gaining from Clyde.

Turning around, Clyde noticed me and quickly gestured me over.

"Would you like some cotton candy?" I asked the small, little boy who, on closer inspection, looked dirty with holes in his shirt.

"Yes, please," he said, taking a big bite of it when I handed him the spool.

In another minute, the boy had inhaled it.

Giving Clyde a perplexed glance, I turn back to the boy and ask where his parents were.

"Daddy said I couldn't call him daddy anymore. He went to the Giraffe exhibit, look, over there, and then when I turned around he wasn't there," he said, pointing across to the Giraffes.

Clyde and me shared a worried look and immediately Clyde scooped the boy up into his arms.

"What's your name, little man?" He asked the boy.

"I'm Ian. And I'm six years old," He proudly stated, puffing out his chest in Clyde's arms.

"Well, big guy, you can call me Clyde. And this is my lovely girl, Stila. We'll take care of you until someone comes looking for you," Clyde says, tickling Ian's chest.

⬤⬤⬤

We ended up waiting at the Zoo until it closed. And then we realized we really needed to go to the police station.

"Name your reasoning for this visit," the police officer at the front desk said in a monotone voice.

"Me and my... significant other, found a six year old boy at the zoo who says his dad just left him at the Giraffe exhibit. We waited there until the Zoo closed," I told the lady after Clyde went and sat with Ian in a random chair.

Giving me the go ahead to sit and wait until a police officer as well as a social worker came and talked to us, I walked over to Clyde and Ian and sat down in the chair adjacent to them.

"Are you hungry again, Ian?" I asked. Around 2pm, me and Clyde noticed the sound of Ian's stomach rumbling and bought him two hot dogs, which he devoured.

"A little, but really I'm okay," he said, his voice small and sweet.

Smiling at him, I dug through my purse until I found my emergency stash of Nutella and Pretzels.

"Here you go, sweetie," I said, handing them to him.

"Thank you, Ms.Stila," he replied, opening up the package and getting lost into Nutella goodness.

After another 15 minutes of waiting, with Ian completely calm in Clyde's lap, we were finally called into the backroom where all of the police office desks were.

"Hello, my name's Officer Frank and this is Mary, the social worker." A middle aged guy said, gesturing towards a lady who looked around 30.

"Hi," Clyde and I both said, while Ian shyly waved.

"What seems to be the problem?" They asked.

After recounting the story in vivid detail, we were told to sit tight while the social worker tried to work out where Ian's dad was.

When she came back, we received shocking news...

_____
Hehe ;) 

CHAPTER 28 DONE! WOHHOOO

So guys. This book was originally supposed to be finished by the end of March. Y'all know how behind I am? SUPER DUPER BEHIND! I need all the support I can get to achieve the goal ;) ;) 

And side note: I got searched for drugs today at school. If you knew me, you'd know I'm 100% against doing drugs. I love my life. 

Anyway, Please VOTEEEE (so we can reach our goal!), Comment (SO i can communicate with you lovelies) AND FOLLOW (hello, I had an enlarged liver last week). 

XOXO, Cooler_Than_You_101